You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 02-05-06 21:49:33

sammie06

Pass plus??

Spoke to my ADI earlier, im going to start pass plus next wednesday, i cant wait, motorway watch out here i come!!!

Do instructors allow us to take pass plus in out own cars as i will have my car by next week and would really like to do pass plus in my car so i can get used to it quicker??

Sammie

age.png

02-05-06 21:49:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pass plus??

#2 02-05-06 21:52:52

evan

I have taken a couple of my pupils out in their own cars for Pass Plus. You are not a learner driver anymore, as long as your car is safe and fit for the job in hand yes I wouldn't worry about it at all. Ev

#3 02-05-06 22:00:41

sammie06

My ADI did tell me when i asked him but i just cannot remember what he said i was too excited from passing my test. My car is definately fit for the job, i wouldnt have bought it otherwise ;D

Sammie

age.png

#4 02-05-06 22:01:13

Karenadi

I have done, but it does depend on ADI.  They might not be happy too.  No disrespect, but I'm funny about getting in pupils cars, as I can't be sure how well maintained they are etc etc.  so I usually avoid it to be honest.

Seeing yours is nice n newly serviced and MOT'd and all that maybe he/she won't mind.  I'd consider it. wink

#5 02-05-06 22:06:35

sammie06

well i do remember him tellin me that he took one of his pupils for one pass plus lesson in his (pupils) own car but decided against it the next time, didn't get to find out the reason, jus when he was about to tell me i got cut up by some stupid lorry and it distracted us from the conversation.
Ill ring him wednesday morning to see what he says, if he says no then fair enough.

age.png

#6 02-05-06 22:31:53

la.monikita
Verified Member

i personally don't mind, as long as it's not an old banger about to fall apart (might have difficulty coping with a country lane at 60m/h :rolf: ) plus i would give £10 off for petrol  wink

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#7 02-05-06 22:33:56

sammie06

oooo good thinkin, i mite get discount if i use my car mmmmmmmmm thats got me thinkin  lol

age.png

#8 03-05-06 19:45:15

msdarcy721

hiya sammie,

good luck with your pass plus xxx smile

sure you'll enjoy it. i defo did 8-)

i think thinking back i should have left it for a little while after passing >>> although made no real difference with me at the time cos i wasn't driving myself after passing my L test cos i was going off to uni and wouldn't be at home to drive our lil motor lol. i took pass plus a week after passing L test, but had some good fun and really enjoyed the structure of the course and some of the things we covered. nice certificate at the end and getting to say au revoir to adi was a weepy moment too big_smile

#9 03-05-06 20:26:05

evan

That's a good point msdarcy, all of my pupils start their pass plus, 3-4 weeks after passing. I like them to have a little experience of driving on their own first. Ev

#10 03-05-06 20:30:35

markA.d.I

Agree with Ev, i find it better for the pupil, they generally come back and say i dont get par' parking anymore, it gives you enough time to practice on your own, if theres any problems they are having we can then iron them out!

#11 04-05-06 12:55:19

Karl
Verified Member

ev is there a time limit in which a person has to do the pass plus by after passing their test?

Karl

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

#12 04-05-06 15:55:18

evan

Within 12 months as a rule but it can be accepted after this time as well in some circumstances. You would probably have to phone the DSA for clarification and explanation after 12 months. Hope this helps Ev

#13 04-05-06 16:02:45

VandADI
Administrator

I don't think the DSA have a specific ruling on the timescales although I seem to recall they advise you take the Pass Plus within a year of passing the practical test.  If you were specifically taking the pass plus to obtain a discounted premium on insurance you would be better off checking with the relevant insurance company to find out what their requirements are as timescales will vary between insurance companies.

#14 04-05-06 16:06:20

evan

Good point Vanda, it may well be the insurance companies that dictate the rules about timescales. As I say I'm not too sure because it's not something that has happened to me. Ev

#15 04-05-06 16:22:11

sammie06

Cheers for that guys, spoke to my insurance company today and they said i have to do my pass plus within 60days or i dont keep the reduced price on my policy so i might aswell get the pass plus over and done with now before it is too late.

Sammie

age.png

#16 04-05-06 16:27:26

VandADI
Administrator

I have known some insurance companies state pass plus has to be completed within 30 days to get the reduced premium   roll

#17 08-05-06 07:48:23

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

The DSA have no time limit on pass Plus.
Some insurance companies will accept well after 12 months

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

Board footer