You are not logged in.

#1 20-06-04 13:46:22

slydog

is it woth it

hiya im new here so hi to everyone im a hgv driver at present and have been for 20 years . as you may gather im thinking of becomeing a driving instructor . my first question here is is it viable im not looking to earn a fortune just enough to live on as i value my time more than money. so i would be looking to clear about 350 to 400 pounds a week is this a realistic figure  ps i will have many questions to ask so get ready to be bombarded lol  thanks

20-06-04 13:46:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: is it woth it

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-06-04 14:05:37

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Howdo Slydog

Below I have pasted my reply to a previous thread - "50+hours per week"

Hi Andrew

I work as an owner driver for a Franchise (Acclaim)

I reckon, off the top of my head I could make a living out of 30 hours pw.

Rough weekly Costs:-

Franchise fee £80.00
Mobile phone £10.00
Diesel £30.00
Car HP £50.00
Car insurance £12.00
RFL/Tyres/Serv £15.00
Stationery/Stamps £10.00

Can't think of anything else, but then I have just got in after 9.5 hours teaching  and will stand to be corrected  :oops:

30 @ £20.00 = £600 Takings
Less £207
Profit (roughly) £393

Of course profits subject to tax, and variable earnings such as £9.00 starter lessons(which I will not do)

I was doing 55/60 hpw, now down to 40/45 hpw and intend to get down to 35 and a couple of tests.

Reckon I could live with that  but we are all different.

Cheers

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#3 20-06-04 14:14:34

slydog

thank you very much that sounds fine im doing 60 hours a week and taking 300 so i reckon i might just be a bit better off dont you lol

Board footer