You are not logged in.

#1 19-06-04 21:38:01

Folk

Pass plus after your test, or at any time?

Just a question I've recently thought of is, is Pass Plus JUST for pupils who have recently passed their driving test or can someone who is supposedly an accomplished driver take this extra tuition?

The reason I ask is because I have heard friends say that they hate driving and will only go short journeys, never on motorways, etc.  I know of one lady who has been driving for donkeys years but has never driven on a motorway or put petrol in the car herself. 

Just curious,

Folk

19-06-04 21:38:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pass plus after your test, or at any time?

#2 20-06-04 14:05:22

Gizmotime
Administrator

I don't think they can,I was under the impression that you had to do Pass Plus within a certain time of actually passing your driving test.

Of course what they could do is the Advanced Driving Course, they would be taken on all road types,including motorways ect.

If I am wrong I'm sure someone will tell me sad

Also If I am I will appologise in advance.

Gizmotime

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-06-04 16:14:19

adi
Verified Member
Website

You can take a pass plus course upto 12 months from passing your test. Under 25's will benefit from some discount on their insurance from participating insurance companies. There is nothing stopping anyone from doing a course using the same syllabus as used for pass plus but they wont qualify for a certificate or insurance discount if they are outside the 12 months.

#4 20-06-04 16:37:16

Liesa

Drivers who have a dislike, or even in the worst case scenario, a fear of motorways, would be better off taking motorway lessons. This would enable them to get used to motorways & learn how to deal with these types of roads saftely and with an instructor at their side.

Refresher lessons on the other hand, are aimed at drivers who haven't driven for quite some time.

#5 20-06-04 19:33:28

Midge
Website

I'm pretty sure they changed the rules some time ago so that you get a certificate when you have completed a pass plus course, however long after passing your test, but you probably won't get insurance discounts if it's longer than a year.  Since it is up to the insurance company though it's always worth asking.

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#6 20-06-04 20:22:27

Badger

Midge is right.

12 months was the limit from the test pass date.  Now it is "encourage!" them to do it within  twelve months.

Need to check with Insurance companies first to see if they will still discount policies on receipt of the certificate after the 12 month point because it's a cast iron bet that the DSA has failed to inform the Insurance industry

I think Pass Plus should be promoted widely and insurance companies will probably support it - aftet all its pretty relevant at any stage.

DSA shifted this particular pitch to  behind the goal posts without telling anybody - again!

Badger

Board footer