You are not logged in.

#1 19-06-04 06:17:15

Folk

Practice Makes Perfect???

I used to believe in this saying - that was until yesterday!    roll

After practicing hard all week in my husband's car,  when I came to my driving lesson I was ABSOLUTELY AWFUL  :cry:  Why is this?  I don't understand!

:cry: Folk

19-06-04 06:17:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Practice Makes Perfect???

#2 19-06-04 08:12:01

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hello Folk

Is your Husbands car the same make as your Adi's? and have you always done Private practice as well.or is it just this week?
I personally think you MAY be trying to hard,everyone has bad days when learning,try to relax I'm sure it is just a temporary nerves thing wink
Think Positive,and believe in yourself and your ability to learn,you WILL do it.

Hey even the best of us have bad days.

I'm sure you will be fine. Not much help am I smile

Giz

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 19-06-04 11:08:30

Liesa

Folk wrote:

I used to believe in this saying - that was until yesterday!    roll

After practicing hard all week in my husband's car,  when I came to my driving lesson I was ABSOLUTELY AWFUL  :cry:  Why is this?  I don't understand!

:cry: Folk

What you're experiencing is fairly common, I quite often have pupils say to me that they can drive really well in their friends/families cars, and just can't understand why they make such stupid mistake when on a lesson in my car!

It usually turns out that they are so afraid of getting things wrong, that they make mistakes that they wouldn't normally do. The cure is to relax and not expect too much of yourself, don't put yourself down if things don't go exactly how you'd like them to go, and remember nobody ever learnt anything without making a mistake or two.

And as Gizmotime has said if the 2 cars you're are driving are different, when you change from one car to the other, you'll need to give yourself time to adjust to the new vehicle. It happens to the best of us we all need time to get used to the way the car handles, how the brakes feel, how high the bites is and so on!

Stick at it and don't be so hard on yourself! wink

#4 21-06-04 16:08:32

Folk

Thanks for the encouragement - I think you are right about the change between cars.  My instructor has a Peugeot 307 diesel and my husband has a Vauxhall Zafira petrol.

I drove a bit further than usual yesterday, along country roads I wasn't familiar with and, if I say so myself, felt I did rather well.  We went the wrong way and I even managed to turn the car round without my husband's intervention and felt pleased I had accomplished it. 
yikes  :shock: 

Folk

#5 21-06-04 16:16:32

Gizmotime
Administrator

You see your better than you thought wink

Keep up the good work,you will get there honestly,and were all here to help in any way we can.

Gizmotime

#6 01-07-04 16:13:14

marigu

How are you getting on Folk?

you may not believe in the saying but practice really does make perfect, there is no substitute for hours under your belt gaining experience on the road

Board footer