You are not logged in.

#1 16-04-06 11:52:44

luchell

Whats wrong with my clutch if anything?

Last lesson my pupil kept complaining the clutch was sticking about half way up. I swapped seats and found the mat looked as if it was too far forward so thought the pedal may have been caught on that. I drove it for 5 minutes and found the same thing a couple of times. Got it half way up then it stuck briefly the back up leading to a rather unsmooth move off lol

Dad said something about the cable sticking and wd40 but thought i would put it on here. Is this a sign the clutch is getting worn or anything? Is my dual clutch on a seperate cable? sorry i know nothing really abou7t these things im afraid.

I looked under the drivers clutch and saw where my dual is attatched with this black rod looking thing coming off the back of the drivers clutch. It looked as though perhaps this part could have been getting stuck on something as its in a good position to do so when the clutch is half way up. Maybe it was catching on the mat?

16-04-06 11:52:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Whats wrong with my clutch if anything?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-04-06 12:12:22

la.monikita
Verified Member

can't help with the clutch, but found a way of stopping the mat from going anywhere, by sawing velcro grippy things to the back, which makes them stick to the carpet big_smile below

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#3 16-04-06 12:14:15

luchell

Thanks La mon, mine are normally really good, they have a backing that sticks em to where you put them. I only went for the mat as a thought.

After passing ten years ago a few days after on my own my accelerator got caught under my mat!!!! Ihad no idea what it was as i was so inexperienced back then!! thankgod as i went faster and faster and faster instead of letting go and screaming which is what i felt like doing i kept calm and pulled on the mat thank god i realised thats what it was!!!!!!

So today thats the first thing i check lol

#4 16-04-06 13:45:24

irene1946

That's a good tip,La mon, I find my mat slips forward, I'm forever pulling it back, will get some velcro from work and put it on. 

#5 18-04-06 11:39:03

Janey1
Verified Member

Hi Luchell

You have a Clio like mine - when I had my duals fitted last month they were set too high, so I went back to Renault who re-fitted them which made the driver's brake pedal feel a bit 'spongy'.  Also the Renault guy told me to regularly squirt the fittings with WD40 every couple of weeks or so because they will get 'sticky'.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Janey

#6 22-04-06 17:00:50

Nat
Verified Member

I had the problem in an old car when the mat was too far back, so the clutch was going to the floor, then the mat coming back with it.

Janey, where are we supposed to be squirting wd40 - from the inside of the car on top of the duals?

#7 22-04-06 18:48:25

Janey1
Verified Member

Hi Nat

Squirt WD40 on the driver side pedals where the fittings are connected.

Hope this helps

Janey

#8 22-04-06 18:58:49

Nat
Verified Member

oh, I didn't know you could even see the fittings!!!LOL  I'll have a look and a squirt!!

Board footer