You are not logged in.

#76 19-04-06 07:38:56

blindspot

Re: Continued Professional Development

""You said yourself these were mostly PDIs, this behaviour is indicative of a poor ADI selection and training system rather than anything else""

Give over!  What happened to basic common sense and awareness

""Is here any evidence to back this up, or is it just yet more propaganda and assumptions from DSA?""

Same old rhetoric.  I was overtaken by a PDI yesterday on the DC doing well over 70 mph. Doesnt need the DSA to tell me that - saw it with my own eyes big_smile

B'spot

19-04-06 07:38:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#77 19-04-06 07:49:05

Jed

Blindspot, if you can't answer the question, don't bother replying.   

Unlike you,  some ADIs who are far less gullible,  prefer to see some proof of what is being said rather than just listening to rubbish put out in order to try and justify something, which is exactly what you have just done.

e.g.  I saw a PDI speeding so every ADI must  be as bad. (Of course, that wouldn't include you or DTH)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#78 19-04-06 08:32:03

Silvercar
Verified Member

Hi silvercar

Well either there is a book standard of driving or it's purely subjective.

The testing of the standard of someones driving is always going to be subjective, so long as the books contain words like reasonable, suitable etc. After all, they don't contain detailed instructions on how to do very much, what they do contain is guidance.

And it's the ADI's job to assess analyse correct our trainee's faults / own driving. The fault is either within tolerance or it is not if outside tolerable level then we must give guidance. Splitting hairs to the inth degree with some ROSPA bod helps no one at that level thing just become a matter of opinion. If I or my pupil made a fault worthy of "correction" I won't need ROSPA to point it out.

#79 19-04-06 08:37:48

Jed

ROSPA and IAM qualifications won't count towards the mandatory part of CPD for ADIs, because it has already been decided that only ADIs will be able to offer mandatory CPD.
That decision was made because, as stated above, it isn't acceptable for non qualified to assess the qualified.

#80 19-04-06 08:50:13

blindspot

""so every ADI must  be as bad""

Thats your logic not mine buddy.

""because it has already been decided that only ADIs will be able to offer mandatory CPD""

Oh yeah -  by whom and when? Proof man, come on, PROOF!

Somebody mentioned rubbish above.  Thats familiar youre not the Forum Moderator of DIDU by any chance are you?

B'spot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#81 19-04-06 08:59:47

Silvercar
Verified Member

The geezer who did my last RoSPA update was no partime observer. He was a highly qualified Police Class 1 Driver/ Instructor.  He gave me invaluable advice and although I thought my driving was good, above average even, he unearthed several little areas for improvement.

B'spot

Therefore by your own admission your driving is perfectly acceptable for the purposes of "normal" driver training i.e ADI work.
Maybe you should have joined the police. I certainly raise more eyebrows on a daily basis with what I see some of the police drivers do than I see ADI's getting it wrong. However I do respect the class 1 traffic drivers i.e the elite

Improve yourself to the nith degree if you wish but don't drag the rest of us into it. Most of these elite drivers would'nt do what we do on a daily basis "teach novices". I've got better things to do with my time i.e work than pretending to be an elite traffic cop.

#82 19-04-06 09:06:25

blindspot

""Therefore by your own admission your driving is perfectly acceptable for the purposes of "normal" driver training i.e ADI work.""

I am sorry Silver but I dont see what you are getting at.

I have to keep my RoSPA diploma up to date because it is what my fleet ticket is based upon.

As for dragging the rest of you into it - how does that work.  Surely you've got minds of your own

Havent you?

B'spot

#83 19-04-06 09:13:29

Silvercar
Verified Member

I am sorry Silver but I dont see what you are getting at.

I have to keep my RoSPA diploma up to date because it is what my fleet ticket is based upon.

As for dragging the rest of you into it - how does that work.  Surely you've got minds of your own

Havent you?

B'spot

Well if I ever decide to get a "Fleet Ticket" as you so crassly call it. Then I will do a ROSPA Diploma if needs must.  ;D
A ROSPA Diploma is not prerequisite for proper  wink ADI work.  ;D 

#84 19-04-06 09:41:24

blindspot

""crassly""

Why the insult?

Dont understand

B 'spot

#85 19-04-06 10:09:50

Silvercar
Verified Member

""crassly""

Why the insult?

Dont understand

B 'spot

It wasn't an "Insult" I don't refer to my ADI badge as my "Ticket".
The expresion ticket normally refers to "my ticket outta here". Make of that what you will B'spot.
I have nothing against ADI's on the Fleet Register however in the area where I live i have never  if very rarely seen a "Fleet Badge" however there are thousands of ADI's trying to make living in a traditionally jobs depressed area of the UK. I think we used to build ships and manufacture stuff now we all work in Macdonalds or "retail". If I thought for a minute there was any "Fleet Market" or "ticket as you call it. Then maybe A ROSPA Diploma would be on the cards if my "Ticket" paid better, I'm only human. However don't go pushing the rest of us into extraneous qualifications and one upmanship just because it is a prerequisite of your "Ticket" some of us already have enough on our plates trying to teach novice drivers and getting the bills paid.

#86 19-04-06 10:27:18

Jed

""because it has already been decided that only ADIs will be able to offer mandatory CPD""

Oh yeah -  by whom and when? Proof man, come on, PROOF!

Well if you were in an organisation which publishes minutes of the meetings you would be able to see the proof.  It's there in black & white, agreed by ALL the associations.

Somebody mentioned rubbish above.  Thats familiar youre not the Forum Moderator of DIDU by any chance are you?

No, but he is a good mate big_smile.
p.s.  I don't think that forum has any moderators.   According to admin they cause too much hassle.

#87 19-04-06 10:27:35

whodareswins
Verified Member

As far as I am aware, the RoSPA Diploma is not a pre-requisite for Fleet Trainer registration. Blindspot, your ability to maintain your Fleet registration is purely down to how you perform on your check test.

Sivercar:  Just for your info. It is quite normal to "rarely see" a Fleet badge. There are only about 1,000 nationwide and there is no legal requirement to show it in your windscreen.

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#88 19-04-06 11:25:40

blindspot

""I don't think that forum has any moderators""

It would appear that I know more about your union than you do

B'spot big_smile big_smile

#89 19-04-06 11:43:01

VandADI
Administrator

""I don't think that forum has any moderators""

Perhaps we have our wires crossed somewhere.
The one I saw, when checking out the committee members, clearly shows a devillishly handsome young man's status as a 'Forum Moderator'  big_smile

#90 19-04-06 11:54:50

Moominhater

Is there a published list of what the DSA consider to be and what they don't consider to be CPD training?  Would make life easier!

Liz

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#91 19-04-06 11:59:11

blindspot

""The one I saw, when checking out the committee members, clearly shows a devillishly handsome young man's status as a 'Forum Moderator'  ""

Oh my God Vanda  - you have a serious eyesight problem!"

See the Optician immediately !

B'spot

#92 19-04-06 12:00:10

VandADI
Administrator

The whole CPD issue has not been finalised yet, Im sure when it is, the DSA will publish the info.

#93 19-04-06 12:02:07

Moominhater

Thanks VandADI - I was getting lost in this thread as to what was actually happening.

Liz

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#94 19-04-06 12:06:22

blindspot

Hello Liz.

List not published yet as it is all still in the melting pot and no firm format has yet emerged.

This is the feel I have got from the last two meetings I attended where the DSA top brass were present.

Rather like the introduction of the Theory test which caused a panic and many people jumping on the training band wagon and then it all fizzled out and people just got on with it.

I strongly suspect that the same will happen with HPT for ADIs and CPD as well.

£400-500  fees for a three day course etc  will eventually end up where they belong  - in the bin.

thats my feeling - lets see what happens.

B'spot

B'spot

#95 19-04-06 12:22:21

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

Information about meetings (available from you-know-where  big_smile) show that the ADI associations want a strong manditory element of CPD from a pre-approved list of courses. This goes far beyond what any other similar profession has; yet our associations are representing US. Or are they?....

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#96 19-04-06 12:25:04

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

""You said yourself these were mostly PDIs, this behaviour is indicative of a poor ADI selection and training system rather than anything else""

Give over!  What happened to basic common sense and awareness

I agree, basic common sence and awarenes was not present - which was exactly my point that the problem you highlighted is due to poor selection of new ADIs, not CPD of existing ones.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#97 19-04-06 12:43:30

Silvercar
Verified Member

£400-500  fees for a three day course etc  will eventually end up where they belong  - in the bin.

thats my feeling - lets see what happens.

B'spot

B'spot

Ahhhh now were on the same wavelength.  yikes

#98 19-04-06 13:22:44

Jed

List not published yet as it is all still in the melting pot and no firm format has yet emerged

The format certainly has been sorted.  If you watch the powerpoint presented to the associations by DSA at the last meeting you will see that there has been quite a lot decided on how/what & why.

DIDU  put the powerpoint on it's forum for members to view immediately after the meeting.  Now that's what I call keeping members up to date.     Has any other association shown it yet?

#99 19-04-06 15:16:18

blindspot

I have the powerpoint presentation before me now as I write and it says nothing of the sort.

It is full of proposal summaries by various consultative and research bodies who have been employed by the DSA to look into the profession's requirement from CPD as a whole.

That is all.

B'spot

#100 19-04-06 15:29:09

Jed

Oh dear,
someone has sent you an edited version then.

Board footer