You are not logged in.

#1 09-06-04 19:14:53

Josie

Interview with LDC

Hiya

I have an interview with LDC tommorow which I believe is Informal.  Is this correct or do I need to de-cobweb my suit (obviously otherwise I would dress relatively smart!).  Can anybody give me I brief insight to the inteview.  Are they assesing me or is it a bit of both.  What sort of questions will they ask?

Any advice would be really helpfull cos I am meeting with another company also later int the week

Also, I though the inteview would take longer to come through.  Is there a time limit on when and if I join? (do I have time to shop around and consider all options?)

Ta wink

09-06-04 19:14:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Interview with LDC

#2 09-06-04 20:18:54

Liesa

Hi Josie

You take as much time to shop around as you feel nessesary, don't feel as though you have to sign on the dotted line there and then.

To a certain extent you'll actually be interviewing them, what they'll be doing is trying to sell you a training course!

All the adverts make it look as though they're offering you a job, but what they are trying to do is sell you a training course  roll

Dress smart but don't go over the top, if you want to wear your suit wear it.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on! wink

#3 09-06-04 20:34:14

Josie

Hi Liesa

Cheers for that.  Pretty much thought it would be like that.  I have another appointment so dont want to be making any decisons straight away.  They wont be trying to get me to sign at the interview will they?

Basically I want to come away, shop around and I am also will be moving home soon as so dont want to start anything until thats out the way.  Do you think this matters? Should I wait for the interview? I was just going to go along and suss them out

#4 09-06-04 20:41:56

Liesa

They should give you time to go away and think about it,  they can't force you to sign anything.

I spoke to 3 different training providers and they were all happy for me to go away and think things through, if they'd have tried the hard sell on me they wouldn't have seen me for dust!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 09-06-04 20:46:36

adi
Verified Member
Website

Personally i would go smart casual. The thing is with most of these interviews, it's the school that go out of their way to impress you rather than you impress them! From most training organisations it's 'bums on seats' = Profit ! smile

#6 09-06-04 21:19:11

Ozzie

I assume that you are looking at going on a Pinky.

Go to the interview with an open mind, with some questions as ammunition, and don't be afraid to use it.

For example:

If you want X hours a week, and they can't provide it are they not keeping their side of the contract, therefore can you just walk away from the contract, to another sponsor.

Can you take a copy of the contract so your solicitor can look at it (if you desire).

If you leave the school do they stop you trading within a certain area? Best find out now rather than after you sign.

Do you get a loyalty discount for staying with them after a certain amount of time?

Why should I sign up with you, rather than another school that I'm seeing next week?

I'm sure that you have your own list of questions but I personally prefer to get the sticky areas sorted out at the start, rather than all smiles and nods, get the nitty gritty sorted, and everyone smiles at the end.

Good luck.

Oz

#7 09-06-04 21:32:23

rrmark
Verified Member

Hi Josie

Had a meeting with ldc this morning found it very casual, it is as much for you to get to know them as it is for them to get to know you. There is no question of you signing on the dotted line there and then, as they will send all forms for you to sign later if you are happy with them. I have spoken to a couple of other training schools and have to say ldc seem more interested in getting you to be a good instructor than getting you to just pass the exams. Hope this helps
Mark

#8 09-06-04 21:56:30

Josie

cheers for all the help guys

Quite nervous actually...not used to being the one vetting the employer...lol. 

Hey Mark..do you need to get in touch with them when you have made a decision? Will they keep your application on file for a certain amount of time?

Cheers Ozzie, you have given me some new questions there

big_smile

#9 10-06-04 05:54:36

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hi Josie,
I had interview with LDC almost 2 years ago,  with Mike Ardell.
I turned up in shirt and trousers, also quite nervous, but he made me relax and we had a good chat more than interview!
I also took an A4 sheet full of questions which he very happily went through with me.
Now the day before i had an interview with BSM, and when i came out of their office, i felt like he made me feel like s**t, and ready to give up before i started but i went to LDC. when i came out of that interview he made me feel that he wanted ME!  i couldnt wait for my letter to come back to start my training.  And now i'm fully qualified and still happy to be a LDC instructor!

Good Luck and maybe see ya soon!!

Robbie

#10 10-06-04 13:13:22

rrmark
Verified Member

Hi Josie

Poss too late now as maybe had interview already but they will send forms for me to sign, didn't ask how long file would be kept on record but would imagine you'd be given enough time to make comparisons. Have decided as long as no scary small print will go with them.

Hope all goes/went well for you, let us know how you got on.

Mark

#11 12-06-04 13:04:59

Josie

HI

Thanks for all your help.  Had my Interview, found it Very Very casual.  Didnt ask me anything about myself just more about the company.  They keep the details on file for a month & I have received my papers today not much to them really, was expecting a contract of some sort.  Will check out another first before I make my final decision, but overall not bad

smile

#12 12-06-04 16:53:47

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Hi
sounds pretty much like my interview with LDC about 2 and half years ago I did my training with them and found them to be very good I'm now an instructor with and LDC francise and  happy with what I get I don't take to much work from them as my work comes to me direct but still as I am new to the job it is a safety net at the moment.
You should have a chat with other trainers and see what they can offer all the best in what you decide to do.

Board footer