You are not logged in.

#1 05-06-04 01:56:57

minimodz
Verified Member

ADI Part 2....

Is it really as tough as it seems???? :shock:

I've got my test coming up at the end of the month, and so far it seems like an uphill struggle...

any thoughts or help greatly appreciated!

Matt

05-06-04 01:56:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Part 2....

#2 05-06-04 07:21:34

Liesa

Hi Matt

Good luck with part 2 when you take it!

Part 2 is a pretty high standard, but as long as you're well prepared you shouldn't have a problem wink

I found the easiest way to cope was to try and relax, and just get on with the driving itself.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 05-06-04 07:41:19

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

I failed my first attempt because I took it too early and was not confident. On my second attempt I felt much more relaxed, I had confidence in myself and I passed.

My advice would be: If you genuinely beleive you are ready - relax and just drive like you have been doing in practice and you will pass - if you are not confident, delay the test till you are.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#4 05-06-04 08:05:34

fazer1

Hi Matt,

I passed part two at the second attempt yesterday, which also happened to be my birthday ! I have a sore head this morning. I think if you have prepared properly you will have no problems. Just a longer driving test, but everything needs to be much slicker. Arrive early for your test, dress smartly and concentrate on what you are hoping to achieve. Remember vehicle sympathy and try to make everything from braking to gear changing smooth. Think before you act and stay calm. I have to say that both my examiners were as friendly as can be expected and spoke to me about all manner of things during the test, which really put me at ease.

Good Luck

#5 07-06-04 09:40:46

Natalie

Well done on passing your part 2.  I have just applied for mine this morning and it is on the 11 August.  I have a couple of months to get my driving sorted.

Did you do practice on your own or with a trainer all the time.  When I am by myself I don't know if I am doing it right or not.  Doing my best though.

Nats

#6 07-06-04 15:26:31

Liesa

Natalie

Good luck with part 2  wink

It's a long time ago now since I took mine, I used to practise on my own as well as with my trainer. I think the more the DSA style of driving becomes second nature, the easier you'll feel on the day!

Don't try too hard to get things perfect, this in itself can be counter productive. You start to look for faults that aren't there, and end making more mistakes because of this, just relax and enjoy the driving 8)

#7 07-06-04 16:03:06

Natalie

Thank you for the advice.  I will bear that in mind

#8 11-06-04 15:25:09

churchy

Just relax when it comes to taking the part 2,  i though it was my weakest (i still do) area and i passes first time.  I really thought i'd messed it up before i even got there as i'd had a huge argument with the wife the night before and couldn't stop thinking about that all the time.  Oh well its done now.  Just chill and you'll be fine, also talk to the examiner about crap and that'll relax you more.  big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 11-06-04 19:28:56

Bob_FOADS

Hi Natalie,

I was a little unsure of my manovers before the test (who does a reverse right regularly enough to be happy with it???). After each manover I stoped, breathed (Having not taken a breath for 5 mins during the manove I did need to breath), calmed down and then carried on.

You'll be asked to stop a few times during the test, take a few moments extra to collect your composure if you need / want to.

If you do take churchy's advice and

talk to the examiner about crap

just make sure it dosen't distract you (I got a mark for speeding 'cos I didn't concentrate enough and let it creep up, never noticed it myself).

I passed first time BTW but I was a motorcyle instructor and HGV driver before.

#10 11-06-04 21:25:31

churchy

i didn't actually mean crap, just make polite conversation,  but yeah never let it become a distraction.

#11 14-06-04 10:49:58

Natalie

Thanks for the advice guys.

#12 22-06-04 00:05:13

minimodz
Verified Member

Part 2's now a week away.

Nervous? Yes!!!

#13 23-06-04 07:30:54

Liesa

Good luck Matt

Let us know how you get on wink

#14 01-07-04 00:00:21

minimodz
Verified Member

took my part 2 yesterday - and failed - just! :cry:

got 5 minors and 1 serious.... Knew exactly where I went wrong as soon as I'd done them. Oh well, bring on next time...

#15 01-07-04 08:06:10

Liesa

Better luck next time Matt!

I took mine twice as well wink

#16 05-07-04 17:34:29

Banquet

Hi everyone,

Could someone clarify..  I thought you had only 3 go's at part 3, but there was no limit on part 2 test attempts.

However, when looking at some training sites I notice they mention only having 3 go's at part 2 as well. 

Has it always been this way or has this changed lately?  Do you only get 3 attempts and parts 2?

thanks in advance

#17 05-07-04 17:44:22

minimodz
Verified Member

Part 1 - unlimited attempts...
Part 2 & 3 - restricted to 3 attempts

"3 strikes and you're out" as they say...

#18 05-07-04 18:16:37

Banquet

Yikes, thanks minimodz

Pretty scary..  I wonder if a lot of people fail.

The schools I've talked to say it's no problem..  but then it's not them that has to pay nearly 2 grand for the possibility of failing and it all being for nothing!

#19 08-07-04 23:02:15

leslie
Verified Member
Website

I know the school i'm with has added incentives with getting you through 2 & 3. It's also important in bear in mind that if you fail on the first attempt, there is that added pressure on you the next time.

Included in the fees are one free attempt at both parts which can help you focus on the task in hand. Also, when you eventually get through both parts there is a cash back bonus to look forward to  wink

Leslie

#20 10-07-04 19:38:10

locky

Hi everone, new to the forums just found them,  Excellent site.

Anyway, got my Part 2 on Tuseday (13/7) at 10.30am will let you all know how i get on.

speak soon big_smile

#21 11-07-04 13:41:30

Liesa

Hi locky

Welcome to the site!

Good luck with part 2, we'll look forward to hearing how it goes wink

By the way if there's anything your not sure about just ask!

#22 13-07-04 18:37:51

locky

Well I failed it :oops:. Got 5 minors and 1 serious :oops:  3 of the minors were for the same thing,  failing to make proper blindspot checks when moving off. (could kick myself), as for the serious fault, I cliped a low kerb on a left turn.

Never mind, I feel a bit more confident about the next attempt.  Just going to keep practising and work on observations.  I have reapplied for the test again, so should hopefully have a test again soon.

#23 14-07-04 06:47:53

Liesa

Better luck next time Locky!

Who are you training with?

#24 14-07-04 17:56:46

locky

Thanks,

Training with BSM.   big_smile

#25 14-07-04 19:27:19

Liesa

How have you found BSMs training?

We've heard a lot about LDC and one or two others I could mention, but so far no one has given us an insite of what BSMs training is like!

I'm sure the information would be very useful to others thinking of becomming an instructor.

Board footer