You are not logged in.

#1 19-03-06 21:27:19

msdarcy721

squeeky summat or other

having a bit of a squeeky problem at the min with my car.

thing is, the car is under a warranty until beginning of april at dealers. the only thing, is that the problem occurs at a certain time (usually, when it's been raining) i really notice it, turning the steering wheel - not making sharp movements, light bends, and when trying to manoeuvre into tight spaces in a car/park. i'm not sure if they'll only be able to look at it if i can show them just what is wrong there and then, for them to even have a look at it  :?  or may be if i explain the problem (only happens when is wet) they might be able to have a little look at it. shall have to see what they can do.

it's a little renault clio, and i haven't noticed this problem before to my knowledge, i'm just baffled what it could be. i never dry steer. just seems so weird. my first trip to the dealers too with car, so aint sure how to handle it really neutral 

shant be buying french again   roll

19-03-06 21:27:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: squeeky summat or other

#2 19-03-06 21:30:59

luchell

You mean at slow speeds you have a sqeak? I do to with my clio what reg is yours?  It sounds like it needs greasing or something!!

I love my clio, hes been a swine when ive tried to start him sometimes BUT i love the drive and everything of the car bigtime!!

#3 19-03-06 21:36:36

msdarcy721

yeah it is slow speeds. although can be anything up to 25mph. may be a bit less hmmm gona have to keep my eyes and ears out, esp when it starts chukin it down  lol

it's an 03 clio. nice car, nice to drive. haven't had problem starting it, just squeeky sunroof (lol) and a leak when we first got it, renault said they apparently forgot to seal gap round the back window. few damages to paint work, but they did the job and gave us some vouchers to use at the garage as a sort of good will gesture for inconvenience.

just aint totally convinced bout the build quality of the car, but it seems a nice little motor. mum had a few rover metros before clio, but way prefers steering in clio. said old metro - a tiny car was an absolute nightmare to steer  big_smile

#4 20-03-06 11:36:26

msdarcy721

phoned up dealers today. booked car in for next mon  big_smile  gona have its MOT on same day.

seemed friendly enough. explained the problem. said they would have a look at it.

car's still squeaking today. and it's damp too. usually only notice this problem when it's been raining and is wet out.

ah well glad its gona get looked at  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 20-03-06 12:05:09

Automan
Verified Member
Website

If the noise is coming from the front and outside of the car then I would check the torsion bar (anti-roll bar) bushes first. I can only think that when the bushes become wet the lateral pressure when steering is forcing the bushes to slip between the ferrules and securing clamps causing them to squeak as they rub against the metal surfaces. If they are not worn then the cure is to smear them with silicon grease, do not use ordinary grease or oil, as this will perish the rubber bushes.

The fact that it only squeaks when steering would suggest that it is the torsion bar bushes and not any of the other suspension bushes, which tend to squeak with the up and downwards motion of the suspension.

Hope that helps, take care,

Automan.

#6 20-03-06 12:06:45

luchell

Mines the same. Ive got squeeky steering and clutch and brake which i thought perhaps had something to do with the duals? The steering you can only hear at slot speeds very slow manoeuvres etc.

#7 20-03-06 12:28:50

msdarcy721

thanx guys for that. v helpful indeed. i'm not partic tech-minded esp when it comes to the insides of a car  neutral

shall pass on info to dad in meantime before the car goes in for servicing - he mentioned  summat about bushes  neutral   lol  i'm really not familiar with workings of a car  neutral yet anywayz  :evil:

just hope it will be ok to drive in the meantime. feels really weird when its sqeeking away, and im just lightly moving the steering wheel.

thanx automan  smile

#8 20-03-06 12:33:33

Automan
Verified Member
Website

Hi Luchell, in your case I think it is just as you say the control mechanisms.

Msdarcy I believe as a different problem because the weather affects it. You should be able to hear whether or not the noise is coming from the outside or inside.

So just to recap, any squeaking outside will probably be the rubber bushes and inside will be the controls (brake, clutch mechanism and the steering will be the steering column shrouding against steering wheel).

both your cars will be perfectly fine, it is very common to get sqeaks but it can be annoying.

#9 20-03-06 22:21:22

luchell

Excellent thankyou again Automan lol

#10 27-03-06 13:47:20

msdarcy721

picked up my little beauty  lol from the garage this morning. they gave it its first MOT, and had a look at the squeek. the guys said they lubricated it, and it should be ok now. took in my spare set of keys as well as my main set (cos i've had problems with the batteries in key - just stop working every now and so often) except to replace them, renault said that i have to take both sets to be changed by them. i thought it was only a simple 2 min job, but they said they've had to clean the terminals.

it's working, car seems happy now - no more strange noises. got some money off servicing too, cos it was serviced at the dealers i purchased it from.

will be a happy bunny when i find it a new home tho, and replace it with something that seems a little better built; can't fault the dealers ive used, good customer service, when i've had problems, no qualms getting things sorted. its just having to get the sorts of things checked out/fixed that renault should have got right first time round. anyway aint gona moan no more  big_smile

Board footer