You are not logged in.

#1 12-03-06 17:51:49

WillG

Mitsibushi Colt ???

Hi Folks,
I will soon be in the market for a new training car, at the moment I am driving a VW Lupo 1.7 sdi, the car is easy to drive nice big windows easy to reverse and park the pupils like it,

Im ok with it but it looks a bit "blue rinse"  if you know what I mean compared with newer cars on the block, I find the younger generation take a look and "if it aint trendy" they don't want to know.
It is giving me 45mpg there abouts on an average lesson.

I am looking at the latest Colt, the dealers say the 1.1 ltr will do 50+mpg running about town and as petrol is 5-6p cheaper than diesel that sound ok, but are the dealers talking cr*p ? (they usually do to make a sale)

Are any DIA members driving a 1.1 Colt and what do they think of them etc ? the 3yr warranty seems great, by all accounts everything covered inc clutch and exhaust system even for a driving school.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Will G... smile

12-03-06 17:51:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Mitsibushi Colt ???

#2 12-03-06 18:10:40

DampDog
Verified Member

Had a little go in one a while back, not as a training car just as a replacement for my Polo. My impression was that the 'A' pillars were very thick and racked back reducing the view left and right at junctions considerably, so much so it put me off the car. Even though they are quite pretty.

Have you had a go it one?

If you liked the Lupo it's due to be replaced in a few weeks by a slightly bigger model called the fox, I think VW have it on their web site.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#3 12-03-06 18:27:40

WillG

Cheers Dampdog,
You are right about the A pillars, I noticed the were very thick, did that little triangle of glass help you with downward  vision when you testdrove it ?

I have seen pictures of the VW Fox looks like a mini Golf, they do either a 1.2 or a 1.4. The mpg for the 1.2 is only 46 combined, which IMO  is rather low for a 1.2 with only 55bhp (the Colt is 51mpg with 75 bhp)
WillG.

#4 12-03-06 18:48:20

DampDog
Verified Member

Yeah those little triangular window in the pillars are far to small to be of any help. Can't remember where I read it but I think that Colt is very rev hungry to get it going which can effect the fuel economy. I'll have a look around and see if I can find the review I read.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Board footer