You are not logged in.

#1 21-05-04 14:51:18

kitty falol

What's the best way to get a cancellation?

Hi guys

Just been reading through all the advice here and I was hoping that one of you helpful people out there could help me.

I've just failed my test for the 4th time and I know I can drive, I just get nervous on the day.

Anyway I was told to book my test and then just keep ringing up for a cancellation.  At the moment, my test is 3 months away and it's just getting so frustrating because at this rate, my theory test will have expired before I pass my practical!

Anyway, I rang up the main DSA phone line, went through all the "please press star, press 1, listen to this message....." and then by the end of it, it just said "There is no-one to deal with your call, please try later" and hung up.  I've tried this a few times and I'm yet to speak to a real person.

So I'm wondering, am I even ringing the right place? and if so, is there a good time to ring to get a cancellation?  I know it's probably a long shot anyway but I'll ring every day if I have to.

Well, thank you for reading my ramblings.

:oops: Kathryn

21-05-04 14:51:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What's the best way to get a cancellation?

#2 21-05-04 16:11:05

Bob_FOADS

The onyl real number to call is...
0870 0101 372

Call during normal office hours, Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm (except public and bank holidays).

And keep calling, I recomend once every 15 miniutes. Yes I am being serious! There are hundereds of people trying to get cancelations, if one turns up it's normaly only there for 15 mins or so before it's snapped up.
Also discuss with your instructor what sort of time scale he needs to be able to take you to your test. If you get an offer of a test 'tommorow' you need to know if your instructor can do it. If you hag up, call your instructor to ask him then call the DSA again theres a fair chance it'll be gone by then. Also if you book it and find your instructor can't make it you'll probably lose your money for the test AND go the the back of the que again.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 21-05-04 21:15:38

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hi

Ive found it is best to call on Thursday about 5pm

#4 21-05-04 21:28:28

bigred
Verified Member
Website

A lot of intensive courses are set to finish with the  test on Fridays. If the pupil isn't going to make it to a good standard then it's normally late Wednesday or Thursday that the ADi ever calls in to say they wont be coming.

You may also find it useful to contact a local school who conducts intensive courses, they may let you know if that happens.

When you dial 0870 01 01 372 you can press * * 1 1 1 without waiting for all the messages, if you start getting engaged tones then it really is busy and you'd be best trying again after another 15 mins.

But don't use your mobile, keep that handy to check with your instructor, If you book a test and your instructor can't do it you will lose your fee.

You cannot cancel a short notice test!

Regards,

#5 22-05-04 06:51:50

kitty falol

big_smile Oh wow!  Thank you so much all of you, that's really helpful!

Kathryn x

#6 22-05-04 09:50:24

Badger

You could also ring and complain to DSA Customer Services.  Tell them how many times you have phoned and how you have to listen the whole message before being told that they are "sorry but we are unable to take your call,  try again later".

They will quite often put you through on their direct line.

The number to ring is 0115 901 2500 which is the switchboard.

Tell them that you wish to complain about the Booking Services.

Badger

#7 01-07-04 16:07:42

marigu

Careful, these options seem to have now changed, and my pupils have been wondering why they were going to the wrong dept!!!

And just keep calling!

#8 01-07-04 18:12:42

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Well spotted :shock:

DSA are now thinking about changing the rules again and the 10 clear working days needed to change a test may revert back to 3 days soon. Swapping pupils tests is also on their agenda for review.

Regards,

#9 01-07-04 18:56:41

VandADI
Administrator

I have found the best way to get a cancellation is try online after 6pm when the telephone lines close down.  They then update their database and any cancellations are entered into the system.  That is why most of the cancellations are gone by the morning because they have been snatched up like hotcakes during the evening.  I have been 100% successful in getting cancellations this way, normally within 10 days, some even shorter.
VandADI

#10 23-08-04 10:33:50

kennedykrew

You can now use there automated service to change or book an earlier test which is great coz you get through everytime all you do is phone:
press star button twice
then 2
then 2
then 1
an automated service will then come up they ask you to tell them you theroy pass cert number, then you tell them your  application refrence number, they tell you what date you have already got booked then they will tell you if there is an earlier date if there is you can change your booking there and then, so simple so quick, no ques and you can ring as often as you like!!!!  wink

Board footer