You are not logged in.

#1 24-02-06 20:16:22

1stdrive

Bl@#dy Pug Servicing

I use a Pug 206 on hire from Robinsons, Wednesday (after 20600 miles) my clutch went in the morning and I had a test at 3.27. Anyway got it booked in on Wed and was told that they wouldn't accept Robinsons payment and I'd have to pay and claim it back. No problem, Robinsons said it was ok so I left it with them hoping to pick it up today.
Called this morning to see what time to pick it up and was told by some numptie on the desk "we haven't touched your car, we're waiting for a CASH payment before we can start work".

WHAT, was my reaction!!!

Apparently Pug were waiting for Robinsons to call them, f@#k knows why when they won't accept payment from them and it was agreed that I was paying, before they started work.

Anyway, now it won't be ready till Monday so not only have I had to refund a poor lads test fee but have lost nearly 3 days work :x :x :x

Luckily Robinsons have been great and delivered a spare Pug all the way from Leicester to B'ham for me so I don't have to canx my weekend's work, but if it had been a day later then I'd have lost 6 days work. As much as I love their cars Pug servicing have alot to live up to, a nice letter is now on the way to the manager of the clock garage. wink

Rant over, feel better now   roll

24-02-06 20:16:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Bl@#dy Pug Servicing

#2 24-02-06 21:21:32

arwen
Website

hi got 2 2o6hdi. our local peugeot garage brilliant had no probs over anything with them.get services done brakes ect all while we wait.only on major service did they need it til 2pm.on last service they found a very slight leak on gear box an slight fault fault on power steering they have re called car an doin all work on warranty.done 50 thou on one an 40 thou on other clutches still ok so far!!!!!

#3 24-02-06 23:18:00

luchell

Is there any way you could claim that test fee back since as it wasn't your fault? Maybe have a word with robinsons and ask? Just a thought.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 24-02-06 23:30:02

ExAdiNigel

I thought Robinsons were supposed to provide a replacement car the following day.

No, sorry, I just checked the website, Robinsons provide a replacement after 48 hours.....

From Robinsons web page wrote:

Free replacement vehicle if your car is off the road for more than 48 hours due to mechanical failure

So they have dragged their heels a bit on this.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 25-02-06 00:52:40

la.monikita
Verified Member

make them  pay i say :evil:

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#6 25-02-06 06:56:29

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Agree with Nigel and La Monikita.

Sounds like Robinsons fault rather than Pug dealer.

I have three Pugs now and two of our franchisees have changed to Pugs, servicing has always been A1 with the dealer loaning us a 206complete with duals when ours are being serviced. 

They even loaned it fr free to a colleague for a month when her 307 was written off until her insurers sorted out the deal for a new 307, during this period they put a second ADI loan car on.

So find out who is to blame and MAKE THEM PAY!

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#7 25-02-06 07:34:05

1stdrive

Must be the Pug dealers here then. It's not Robinsons fault, Pug called them and got the authorisation number, then agreed with me that I'd pay for the work. They just never got round to doing it.
I've put in my nice :evil: letter to the boss that I expect a refund for the extra costs I incurred as the car is unusable for 5 days now when it should have been three, but can't claim for the clutch as it's covered under warranty up to 20,000 miles, mine had done 20,600 :cry:
Had problems with them before, on my 1st service they said the handbrake needed adjusting (when they're self adjusting anyway) so I said no problem just do it, then they charged me £150 to do it when it is covered in the warranty, so I refused to pay till eventually I got my own way.
Maybe it's just the people who hold the Pug B'ham franchise because Robinsons said they never have this trouble anywhere else.

#8 25-02-06 08:15:00

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Better sackin them and get Robinsons to reccomend another dealer nearby.

I forsee a nice article about the treatment and costs you incurred appearing in the local papers unless these bugg£rs sort a bit of recompense pronto. wink

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#9 25-02-06 15:36:36

ExAdiNigel

Actually the fault is with Robinsons.  You have a contract with Robinsons that includes servicing don't you?  It is down to Robinsons to arrange payment for any work that needs doing on the car, there is absolutely NO way you should be paying and then claiming it back.  Get Robinsons under control.

Nigel

#10 27-02-06 21:42:54

1stdrive

It's not a case of Robinsons being out of control, they called Peugeot to make the payment and were told "the Pug dealers do not accept cheques or card payments over the phone, only cash or face to face debit card".
Bit strange but nothing else Robinsons could do, my choice was wait till someone drives down from Leicester with the company credit card, or just pay myself and claim it back. I needed the car back.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 27-02-06 23:05:27

ExAdiNigel

It's not a case of Robinsons being out of control, they called Peugeot to make the payment and were told "the Pug dealers do not accept cheques or card payments over the phone, only cash or face to face debit card".
Bit strange but nothing else Robinsons could do, my choice was wait till someone drives down from Leicester with the company credit card, or just pay myself and claim it back. I needed the car back.

Robinsons should be capable of arranging an account facility with a peugeot dealer close to you.  I would have stood my ground and refused to pay anything.  Robinsons should have been arranging a replacement car until your car was ready to collect (and if it hadn't been paid for it wasn't ready to collect!).  They were wrong in allowing you to be without a car for 3 days - what I quoted earlier was from their website!

Nigel

#12 27-02-06 23:42:32

1stdrive

In Robinsons contract it states that 'they will supply a spare car if yours is off the road for 48 hours' which they did, just in time for the weekend and if someone hadn't drove it all the way from Leicester for me I'd have been screwed.
As for the payment it doesn't really make too much of a difference to me I still get the money back.
The issue is, I took my car in for a clutch on the Wed, agreed to pay for it and collect Friday, when I call up the car hasn't been touched. That's Pug's fault! The cr#p about waiting for Robinsons to call was rubbish because I'd agreed to pay them direct, Robinsons were out of the equation, the repair contract was between me and Pug.

#13 28-02-06 07:04:01

ExAdiNigel

In Robinsons contract it states that 'they will supply a spare car if yours is off the road for 48 hours' which they did, just in time for the weekend and if someone hadn't drove it all the way from Leicester for me I'd have been screwed.

So how did you lose nearly 3 days work if they delivered another car to you after 2 days?  By all means complain like hell to the garage, I agree they were wrong, but you have now become mixed up in the problem whereas if you had left that for Robinsons to sort out (payment IS their problem) you wouldn't have been hit so bad and you would only have had 1 company to shout at - Robinsons!

As soon as you had the car, Robinsons should have arranged an account with your local Pug dealer ready for when any servicing or repairs were needed.

Nigel

#14 28-02-06 09:11:20

1stdrive

So how did you lose nearly 3 days work if they delivered another car to you after 2 days?

Clutch went Wed morning and was supposed to be fixed by Friday, no need for another car. It was only when I called up midday Friday that it wasn't done so Robinsons sorted a car out straight away so I'd have one for the weekend. Wed I only got 1 hour done add Thur and Friday and thats 3 days.

I have only got 1 company to shout at, PUG, Robinsons have been great they could have easily said we can't deliver a car this late on a Friday but they didn't.

#15 28-02-06 14:22:06

ExAdiNigel

1stdrive,

Your contract is with Robinsons who are supplying the car, but I'm bored with this one now.  You go and shout at Peugeot as much as you like, I really couldn't give a toss!

Nigel

#16 28-02-06 15:02:58

1stdrive

You go and shout at Peugeot as much as you like, I really couldn't give a toss!

So WHY keep replying if you couldn't give a toss???
There's no need for attitude and petty smallmindedness, just because you can't get your own way and convince me your right, it's pathetic.
I was merely making a comment if you had no interest then DO NOT POST A REPLY.
Simple (or so I thought)  roll

#17 28-02-06 15:24:26

DampDog
Verified Member

Way da go first drive, couldn't agree more why bother answering if you don't "give a toss" what a bizarre attitude. I read it as you explaining what you did to get back on the road as quickly as possible, life seldom does what you expect.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#18 28-02-06 23:14:24

ExAdiNigel

Way da go first drive, couldn't agree more why bother answering if you don't "give a toss" what a bizarre attitude. I read it as you explaining what you did to get back on the road as quickly as possible, life seldom does what you expect.

Dampdog,  the point of answering is to try and help, but if someone is determined not to listen then I wont persist.  If 1stdrive is so determined to shout at Peugeot, then he can go do so.

Nigel

#19 01-03-06 09:05:39

DampDog
Verified Member

I agree with the offer of help or advice, but whether peeps take it, or accept it is down to them. All you can do is offer, if they choose to accept great, if not a least the offer was there, no point in getting upset because they can't see or agree with your view.

Also how many times have you done stuff and then looked back and thought ??????, that's not really what I should have done.

For what it's worth I woudn't give a pug space on the driveway, but that just my opinion smile

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#20 01-03-06 11:14:40

ExAdiNigel

I agree with the offer of help or advice, but whether peeps take it, or accept it is down to them. All you can do is offer, if they choose to accept great, if not a least the offer was there, no point in getting upset because they can't see or agree with your view.....

Who's getting upset?  I'm certainly not.  If I don't give a toss then I aint going to get upset am I?

Nigel

Board footer