You are not logged in.

#1 09-05-04 22:37:28

Matt

Refresher lessons??

As some of you may have read elsewhere I'm seriously considering instructing as a career, it's been 3.5 years since I passed my test and for the last few months of learning I was just driving my dads car (my instructor retired!) and I felt all I needed was a bit more practice, so basically lest just say I aint had a lesson in 4 years! Would any of you advise getting a refresher lesson just to rid me of any bad habbits, also would give me chance to maybe have a talk with an ADI. Anyone do/did this?? Anyone reckon it would be a useful idea??

Matt

Nothing to do with a local driving school getting a new mini cooper...honest!!

09-05-04 22:37:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Refresher lessons??

#2 10-05-04 22:54:15

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

I would recommend that you get in touch with an ordit registered ADI or a dedicated training agency.  They will advise you on theory knowledge (you need to know a lot more than how to drive), driving technique and you will probably need lots of help and tuition to get through the 3rd part of the qualifying exam.  I thought that i was a good driver untill i had to analyse my own technique and realised my shortcomings.  I didn't realise I had any untill my assesment drive with an ADI.  Hope this is of help to you.  If you want to do the job you will find it very rewarding and frustrating at times.

#3 10-05-04 23:06:19

Matt

thanks for the reply, i'm aware that to become an ADI I have to go thru the proper channels, I was just asking would it be a good idead to take a refresher lesson, just to iron out any bad habbits i've picked up over the years, then start my training.

matt

#4 10-05-04 23:15:43

jonks

I would think that the actual ADI training will rid you of the "bad habits"

If you have been driving for three and a half years, although its not a long time, you should have enough road experience to quickly correct any problems.

#5 11-05-04 07:24:56

Liesa

Hi Matt

As Jonks says, your ADI training will sort out any bad habbits you may have, but there's nothing wrong with having a few refresher lessons 1st, at least it'll put your mind at ease wink

Good luck and keep us informed.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 11-05-04 21:40:01

rachdrive
Website

Hi Matt,

My advice would be ring a local ADI and ask if you could observe a few lessons before you part with any cash!!!! You can then see what the job really entails and make a more informed decision on whether or not to go ahead!!

Remember earnings are not as good as made out and you have to weigh up the pro's and con's.

You may have to ring a few ADI's but keep trying and i am sure one will let you observe!!

Rach  8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer