You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-05-04 17:56:11

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Corsa hand-brake

Hi

Does anyone know if i can do anything about the hand-brake in my 04 corsa ?

The problem is that it doesn't hold very well, Ive had it into the garage but it has not done much good.

I can remember when i had a old corsa 1999 1.2sxi and that was the same, I took it to have a new cable and that did the trick.
This car is new so i cant see how that would do much good ?

Any ideas welcome  :idea:

08-05-04 17:56:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Corsa hand-brake

#2 08-05-04 18:34:09

Liesa

The handbreaks on all corsa's are absolutely useless!

The handbreak seems to be worse on the mark 2 than it was on it's predecesor. I took mine into the dealers several times, and they insisted there was nothing wrong with it  roll

So when it was due for a service I took it to Robinsons
(Robinsons Contracts) and I mentioned the handbreak to them, I don't know what they did, but when I got it back it was 100% better. On top of this I've not had to have it adjusted since. The service was done at 20k and it's now done almost 37k. It's still doesn't hold as well as I'd like it to but at least I'm happy to park it on a hill :!:

Another reason to go to a smaller garage and not the main dealer for your services wink

#3 11-05-04 07:31:43

Bob_FOADS

Yuo're not alone, my 04 corsa handbrake is poor, I adjust it regularly and it's only 7 months old.
My last corsa (new in october 03) was different but still poor.
My 'family' corsa (L reg) is fine and allways has been.

Board footer