You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 30-01-06 16:50:01

Andi

Corsa Cdti.......so dissapointed!!

Well, after the problems with my Corsa.....and yes they continue,

the gears are crunching again, its making a really weird whining noise when i reverse, the fog light is hanging on by a thread and rattles constantly, the bolt cover on the seat belt thingy has fell off and the padding on the edge of the drivers seat has disappeared somewhere  :?  All this and its 10 months old??

Its going! Tomorrow i pick a Citroen C3 up.....i hope that doesnt fall apart.

I managed to get a straight swop  :evil: for a 2003 model of the C3....all i have to do is pay for Tax on it!!

Im so sad, because i had a 2002 Corsa sport and it was fabulous...i just adored it! and it was bomb proof, nothing fell of it anyway!

So onwards and upwards...i'll let you know what its like  big_smile big_smile

Andi

1.gif

30-01-06 16:50:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Corsa Cdti.......so dissapointed!!

#2 30-01-06 17:19:21

Blew
Verified Member

Hi Andi

I drove corsa's (when i worked for bsm) personally had quite a few problems with them, build quality was not good, rattles from everywhere!!, and every one that i had leaked!!

Good luck with your new french car, hope the build quality is better!!!

For your ref i drive a new fiesta, which i have to say is built like a tank smile

Blew.

#3 30-01-06 17:26:48

Andi

Ill just pray that nothing electrical goes wrong...apparently french cars are renowned for it??

Fingers crossed...the Citroen has only done 5000 miles...so its been an old guys pension collection car  big_smile..really it has! im hoping its gonna be alright..... lol lol..ooolalah..

Andi

1.gif

#4 30-01-06 20:59:05

la.monikita
Verified Member

it's a shame, i love my little o5 corsa 1.3cdti. yours was made on a friday V LATE AFTERNOON lol

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#5 30-01-06 21:03:31

Andi

La Mon...i dont think they came back from lunch to bleedin finish it!! lol...

But it is a shame, like i say i loved my 2002 one to bits.......

Andi

1.gif

#6 30-01-06 23:06:22

Shrek
Verified Member

I liked the old style Corsa too - prefer it to the newer version.
Hope you get better luck with the Citroen Andi - and never mind the ooolalah let's hope you don't get any wee-wee problems with it!   wink smile
Cheers,
Shrek.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#7 30-01-06 23:14:44

Andi

LOL....Ill just be happy to have a car that spend more time on my drive than at the garage!!....wouldnt that be a novelty?

Half the problem i think is that a woman walks into a dealership service dept, and says ' theres something wrong with me car.....' and the service desk geezer replys: 'yes dear, of-coarse there is......we'll have a look....BUT' and so it goes on....then they try to tell you that unfortunately...its not covered by your warranty!! Ive heard it all......

Im just hoping that the Citroen proves to be better than the Corsa.......  roll  roll

Andi

1.gif

#8 31-01-06 07:47:34

Badger

My daughter bought a C3 because she wanted sonmething reliable for her new born to be transported in.

She bought it against my advice - I hate French cars, their ancillary quality control is rubbish.

She hated it so much for its electronic glitches, and occasional failure to start even, that after four months she swapped their two cars for a beautiful Mazda 6 on my recommendation (Im keeping my fingers crossed but Mazda reliability is legendary).

Was your Corsa a used purchase?  The problem with that is you have no idea how it was treated before.  If it was a courtesy car or a hire vehicle it will most likely to have been abused.

I have had 12 Corsas and no time lost for repairs except once when the clutch hydraulic pipe came away.

The only one that used oil was the only used purchase.

So fingers crossed for your C3 and sorry to hear you had a bad Corsa.

Badger

#9 31-01-06 08:16:30

Andi

Badger.....I hope it yurns out ok....too!

Yes the Corsa was a used car when i purchased it, it had just 7000 on the clock and was 6 months old. It was a ex-hire car...so you are probably right, in that it had not had the best start in life.

I purchased it from a large car sales (i wont say who for obvious reasons)...i thought i had got myself a good car with low miles, but you are right, it was probably abused and neglected!

It is sad...i loved my last one so much, but i knew the history of that car and i had it at 12 months old, it had originally been my boss's company car so had been looked after, no expence spared!

Ah well, perhaps someone will learn from this, and if they go to buy from one of the large car sales..they will ask who the previous keeper was before they part with heir hard earned cash...I know i will!

I pick the C3 up today, so ill give some thoughts later...maybe.. wink

Andi

1.gif

#10 11-02-06 02:35:27

Andi

Well, seeings as i cant sleep  neutral...and im up late, i'll update you on how the Citroen is doing, ive had it just over a week, run well over a thousand miles up and down the country!

Its quiet, comfortable, underpowered in 4th, but sits fine all day long at 70mph on the motorway. Great on maneuvers, light on steering, excellent all round vision, has a good turning circle, Good boot space, loads of pockets, nooks and crannies (and you can never have too many of them) has 2 glove boxes, one of which is air conditioned to keep your butty fresh  :evil:...lol Fuel economy is OK on the 1.4 petrol, giving about the 45 mark in town and well over 50 to the gallon on a run. The stereo is good and it plays mp3s  big_smile..i have the Desire ???? model which has both driver and passenger height adjustable seats and a little drawer underneath to stash stuff in!!

Its quirky inside, which you'll either love or hate...but everyone that has been in it (and there are plenty that have!) have commented on how big it feels inside!! When it is actually 2 inches shorter than the Fiesta.

On the whole, excellent use of space,  and a really nice drive. Too early to comment on reliability yet!!

(feel like ive just written a Parkers review...lol)

Andi

1.gif

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 02-03-06 07:19:15

Ozzie

Half the problem i think is that a woman walks into a dealership service dept, and says ' theres something wrong with me car.....' and the service desk geezer replys: 'yes dear, of-coarse there is......we'll have a look....BUT' and so it goes on....then they try to tell you that unfortunately...its not covered by your warranty!! Ive heard it all......

Andi

This is when it has the advantage of looking like a hitman for the Krays  :x

Oz  8)

Board footer