You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-05-04 23:06:45

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Do You Use A Local Garage Or Dealer

Where do you take your car for service ?

When i bought my new car the salesman said i was to take it to them for service, So that the warranty would stay valid.

I later found you can take your car anywhere as long as they fit genuine parts, With no effect on your warranty

06-05-04 23:06:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Do You Use A Local Garage Or Dealer

#2 07-05-04 01:02:32

Darren

as i dont own a car at the moment, i cant say, but it would really depend on 2 things. The main cost and if the new parts come with a warranty / guarantee. Some of the main dealers jack up the price, when you can get it done in some local garage. Sometimes, if your in a small garage, you can haggle a wee bit. They might take of the VAT for you.
If on the other hand you can get it done at the dealer, main garage at the same price, then.......

#3 07-05-04 06:59:46

bigred
Verified Member
Website

I've had such a raw deal from main dealer servicing that I always use a local garage, they fit genuine Ford parts thus protecting my warranty, but I've been told by the Ford sales team that this only apllies to 1st year warranty, can anyone confirm this?

Regards,

#4 07-05-04 08:48:41

Kev
Verified Member
Website

I use the main dealer for having the car serviced, because it was serviced by a Vauxhall approved dealer, I was given I years extra AA cover free of charge.
Things like tyres I go to places Like Kwik fit .  roll

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#5 07-05-04 10:18:29

Gizmotime
Administrator

I have to take mine back to the main dealer,due to the fact that our local garage's don't stock Suzuki parts so it saves me time and money traveling,Plus it's easier to get get to from home.

Giz

#6 07-05-04 10:25:02

Kev
Verified Member
Website

My  local Vauxhall dealer  operate a night service, you can drop off the car in the evening and its normaly ready to collect in the morning,  lol

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#7 07-05-04 14:52:04

Michaela7
Website

I take my car to the Citroen dealer, it's more convenient for me. I also get a discount as they class me as "trade", so I get 10% off parts. They also do the over night servicing which is very handy. The only thing I buy else where is tyres as I have a very good, friendly and extremely helpful local tyre dealer.

Friendly, female Instructor! smile

Arrow School of Motoring

Car+small+picture.jpg

#8 08-05-04 01:04:44

Unplugged

I take my car to the local cash in hand garage lol

He uses generic parts from Autobase prob but seeing the car is 10 years old theres no Warranty to invalidate lol

Seems to do a good job

#9 12-05-04 20:27:25

Idrivetoo

I do all my own servicing and repairs. My car is outside of any warrenties smile

I DO love my driving

Board footer