You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 17-01-06 22:08:34

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Improving your web site

I've been working with Jonks on building a new web site for each of my instructors. I've called them all by the name of the Town they work in - eg www.bromleydrivingschool.co.uk (it's not even finished yet!) By linking them all together I've had some excellent results and within a week of going live was no 1 on Yahoo for the search phrase driving schools bromley. As Yahoo indexes each site they seem to go straight to No. 1. We have submitted to Google and expect to see them make an appearance there in the next week or so.

In addition to this I have a links page on my own website http://www.bigredl.co.uk/links.php where I am building a quality set of links from the driving school industry. The page already has a page rank of 3 and  is likely to reach 4 soon.

I would like to invite many of you to exchange links to your own website, yes it will benifit me but I think overall you will probably get more benifit. I will only link with small schools and independants, I cannot promote the national schools and their franchisees. This is something I aim to build up over several months so there is no rush, just send me a pm or email and I'll help you do the rest.

Independants and small schools can do well by working together.

Regards,

17-01-06 22:08:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Improving your web site

#2 18-01-06 12:16:42

BIG G
Website

Hi BIGRED I would love to have links to you. I am a one man driving school in the bolton area who has just published my web at www.gksdrivingschool.co.uk and need to get it up the rankings

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups

#3 18-01-06 20:32:16

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Gareth and Hi Craig,

Thanks for your enquiries, I've put your links on my site, if you need help adding us to your site just let me know.

Regards

#4 20-02-06 22:38:31

Hopton
Verified Member

Hi big red my school is called.
www.Hoptondrivingschool.com
I am an indy and i am the only one who works here i also use my name in the local paper.
I work in Lowestoft area in Suffolk but i live across the border by a couple hundred yards in Norfolk which does cause me problems when advertising but my phone code is Suffolk, thats because my village use to be in Suffolk quite a few years ago.
Regards HOPTON

Driving me Crazy, and thats just the wife !

#5 20-02-06 22:52:49

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Barry,

I've put your link on at http://www.bigredl.co.uk/CountySuffolk.htm if you need any help adding ours then please ask.

Have you submitted your site to any search engines yet, as I did a quick check and it wasn't showing any direct listings for your site. Just a few directories with your details.

Regards,

#6 21-02-06 09:05:44

Hopton
Verified Member

Hi Thanks i got some one to do the website for me i dont know how to ad a link or to submit it to search engines please help if you can. I do have a disc with information and codes on it but i dont know what to do with it. I know i am not much help. sorry

Regards Barry

Driving me Crazy, and thats just the wife !

#7 15-03-06 12:34:44

Mia
Verified Member

Hi again bigred, I am impressed with what you are doing on the websites. Would love to join in but haven't even got around to setting up a web site how do I start roll

Part 1 - Passed 1st atempt 98 -65
Part 2 - Passed 1st atempt 5 Faults
Part 3 - Booked for 21 Feb Failed 2/3

#8 15-03-06 12:46:53

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Contact Jonks! - You'll see the difference pretty soon.

Regards,

#9 16-05-06 14:17:17

Stan
Verified Member

Hi Big Red, I've added you to the links page of my website and I'd be grateful if you'd include me on yours.
My site is www.stan2pass.co.uk    thanks Stan

#10 05-06-06 17:31:38

TheBlackburnRover
Verified Member
Website

Hello Big Red L.

I have put a link from my website (www.philcope.co.uk) to yours, & would be grateful if you could put a return link on your site.I am based in Preston, Lancashire.

Cheers.

Driving Schools In Preston www.philcope.co.uk

#11 06-07-06 23:42:47

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hello, Im sure i have a lik set up, have for some time. just going to check them both smile

#12 07-07-06 12:36:26

catman
Verified Member

Hi Big Red L

I would like to be included but I don't know how to reciprocate the link.  Can you help?

I am an independant working in Keighley (West Yorkshire) where there is loads of competition - worst luck!  So any advantage the web brings would be great.

My webpage is www.atkinsonschoolofmotoring.co.uk.  It's not much at the moment, but I'll have it upgraded in time.

Thanks,  catman

Please use Everyclick.com as your regular search engine to help raise funds for the cat charity Haworth Animal Welfare.

#13 07-07-06 20:53:10

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi catman,

To get a reciprocal link you'd be best to set up a seperate page. Lot's of people will offer links I will go and put yours on straight after I finish this email.

The link on your page simply needs to go to Driving School in Kent because it's another driving school site it should have relevance to the reciprocal link and should be weighted accordingly by Google etc.

It'll take a while to get 'web established' but I honestly beleive it's the future for driving school marketing.

Good luck and regards,

#14 07-07-06 21:39:04

catman
Verified Member

Thanks Big Red but how do I set up a separate page?

Someone did the page I have for me and I don't know how these web things work.  Any clue would be helpful.

Thanks, catman

Please use Everyclick.com as your regular search engine to help raise funds for the cat charity Haworth Animal Welfare.

#15 07-07-06 21:55:55

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

Any web site needs to be able to be changed on a regular basis. There are prices, photos of cars, latest info, adding new links etc so you are going to either have to learn how to do it or find someone who can do it for you at an affordable rate.

The guy who set up your website should be your first port of call and I'm sure you can pick it up if he explains carefully.

Regards,

#16 08-07-06 03:58:13

1stcall
Verified Member
Website

Would like to exchange links. Our site is currently being redeveloped and can be previewed at www.1st-call.co.uk/new
Please link to www.1st-call.co.uk

Former DSA Driving Examiner.
Recruiting now around Liverpool, Manchester and also in Kent.
Call Paul 0800 0436947
www.1st-call.co.uk

#17 07-09-06 05:45:11

vavavoom
Verified Member

hiya can you link me too im www.urbandrivertraining.com thanks

"shyness is nice and shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to"

#18 07-09-06 06:17:02

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

Your site's looking OK and has plenty of potential.

I've added the link on The Big Red L Company site, please add the following code to your sites link page to complete the deal 8-)

<a href="http://www.bigredl.co.uk"><font face="Verdana" size="3">The Big Red L
Company -  Driving lessons in Kent </font></a>

Can you tell me what the key phase/(s) are for your home page? If you can then I can change my link to reflect this. It can help!

Regards,

#19 07-09-06 21:42:51

vavavoom
Verified Member

thanks ive linked you too.

"shyness is nice and shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to"

#20 16-11-06 00:43:21

vavavoom
Verified Member

hi ive re-launched my company ive linked you in again on my site if you could do the same thats great www.a1national.co.uk

#21 16-11-06 03:37:39

jonks

Make sure you all sign up to the monthly newsletter of my new company Jay Web Solutions. Every month we will be giving out some great advice on optimising your website.  The signup for is on our homepage http://www.jaywebsolutions.co.uk/

We are currently involved in several experiments to do with seach engine optimisation and we will be releasing the results in of this in our newsletter too.  Should be good, might not be, but it should be.

#22 17-11-06 15:14:48

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Just tried to do this, followed all the link requirements, including telling them which url the link was on, and it didn't work.

Oooops.

Even double checked it and tried again, but no.

#23 17-11-06 16:27:43

johnw
Website

timmanwaringadi'  please let me know the exact url of where the link to www.drivinglesson.biz is placed to check it out for you. What happened your end??

I've just run a test, and all seems to be working just fine.

You must follow the instruction ''
To validate the reciprocal link please include the
following HTML code in the page at the URL
specified above, before submiting this form (optional on paid links) ''  as it checks for your link first.

Cheers,

john

www.drivinglesson.biz UK driving school directory. Free listing and link. Free webpage and link!

#24 17-11-06 16:31:13

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I'll have another play later and get back to you if neccessary, but I put your link on my page, copied and pasted the exact same page to your form and it kept telling me it could not find the link.

#25 24-11-06 21:51:03

shengen
Verified Member

Hi could I get a link to my site in West Yorkshire , Huddersfield it is www.g3som.com, many thanks

Greg  roll

Board footer