You are not logged in.

#1 01-05-04 02:23:01

DoMo

Residential intensive driving courses

:?: Hello  Is there anyone out there that can posibly tell me if there is such thing as a drving course that you can go away to do like stay in some sort of place, and do like a week of driving and hopefully pass your test when you leave.... if anyone does no i would really appriciate the reply.. thanks for reading Dominic....   :!:

01-05-04 02:23:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Residential intensive driving courses

#2 01-05-04 11:17:28

Darren

Hi there Dominic.

There is intencive driving courses that you stay away from home, and complete, but there not advisable. Sure you can get a licence with in a couple of weeks, but if you take your time over lessons, ie 10 weeks, you will learn more, plus, because youve got more time, you can think of what youve learned and remember it better than you could if you had a full 10 weeks of "stuff" cramed in to your head with in 2 weeks.

If you need your licence asap for a job, then yeah, go for it, but if you want your licence, because you want to drive, then my advise is to wait and take the lessons, at a set pace.

youve got more chance of passing your theory, HPT and your main test, with the 10 weeks of lessons, than what you have with the 2 week course

Im unsure of companys that do the intensive courses but i do know they exist, and they take approx 2 weeks.

Also remember you need to revise for your theory with in the time too.

do tell us what you deside, and keep us up to date with your progress

Good Luck smile

#3 01-05-04 16:34:17

Liesa

Hi Dominic

Welcome to the site.

You can take a one week residential driving course, they're offered at various places around the country. There's a company in Blackpool for example that offer a one week course.

But before you can book in for an intensive driving course, you will first need to take and pass your theory test. This is because you can't book a practicle driving test, untill you've passed the theory test. Then with average waiting times, around 14 weeks for a practicle test, you could quite easily find that you have to wait, several weeks or months, before you'd be able to take the course anyway!

There are ways round the waiting times, but I'm not going to go into detail now.

How about taking several lessons a week, to accelerate the normal learnng process?

This way you still get to take and pass your test in a reasonable amount of time, but you don't put the same amount of presure on yourself, as you would with an intensive course wink

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

#4 01-05-04 21:33:21

Folk

Dominic - Welcome to the site!

Folk (a fellow Learner)  smile

#5 01-05-04 22:02:05

DAVE-ADI

Some of the schools which offer residential courses have two or even three pupils in the car at the same time, so for some of the lesson you are sat in the back watching other learners.   

These courses are best suited for those who need a refresher course,  not for complete beginners.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 06-05-04 17:55:00

nicebutdim
Website

Long way from Pembrokeshire but try the following:

http://www.aastevefletcher.homestead.com/

D.S.A. = Department of Silly Ar*es

#7 08-06-04 15:06:24

laura

I'm not an instructor ar anything like that but i was thinking of doing one just because i wanted to drive. if u r that keen to do one then BSM do a five day one but you need to have your theory test and at least 15 hours of tuition in and it will cost around £450 but you have to pay your road test on top of that.

#8 09-06-04 13:34:19

Bob_FOADS

I do agree with all the statments above about the suitability of one / two week courses.
I do do them myself and supply a list of local B+B's to stay in.
I try and encourage people to take two weeks over it (4 hours a day) but do also do a 1 week course (8 hours one on one) for which you do need to be phisicly and mentaly 'fit' as it's very tireing.
All we ask is that you have the TT done beofre booking up.

Board footer