You are not logged in.

#1 30-04-04 15:22:12

Mike Geary

Bay Parking!

Hi all,

"BAY PARKING" sad

In Leicester where I work (+Leisa +kev +Vince + ??) we have 2 DTCs with "Off RD" car parks + one with none, but the EXs take them sometimes to the closest one with a car park to do  "Parking"

Which means that others are practicing when someone is on "test"  sad but they would not know about the "on test" car  = making it a little more "Real" big_smile  big_smile  = have to Observe. smile

There is another DTC I use (Loughboro') which has some spaces reserved
in a public car park, which makes it REAL you have to Look  & see what others (Cars + Peds.) are doing.  = less fails, big_smile  big_smile  coz, its real!!

So, I had this thought.... :?: ...  If when we are at the TC why not walk about when someone is on test doing a Rev Park (Bay) shurley, this would make it more "REAL". :?

I know that if U were to try to stand in sutch a place to aid any Pups the EXs would most likely stop the Test on grounds of "Trying to Help the Candidate"     But, if you were just walking about this could not be said to B helping?  So, could this action make the "Test" More Real, smile

Lets face it we don't have JCTs,  RBs & Pxings, RDs & Lanes ect "FREE" of traffic & Peds............ do we? so could we MAKE this part of the test more REALISTIC?   

I'd value you points of view, & maybe we can change things a little bit to make it REALish? smile  sad  smile  sad  :?  smile  :?

B4 NoooooOOOOOooooowwwwWWWWWWwwwwww Mike G.

30-04-04 15:22:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Bay Parking!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 30-04-04 20:52:27

adi
Verified Member
Website

Why on earth would you want to get in the way of pupils parking on a test?
If i saw someone 'walking' around my car when one of my pupils was on test i would have something to say about it. Pupils have enough pressure as it is having to cope with other drivers on the road let alone having people trying to make a manouvre more 'realistic'. Maybe next you might want to 'dive' in front of a pupil on test to see if their emergency stop is good enough????????????????????????????????????????? :?

#3 30-04-04 23:46:28

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I also would like to know Why would you want to 'make it real'  and get in the way ?

Off you walk around the back of the car, Your pupil fails.
I wounder if such pupil would take lessons with you till next test   :idea:

#4 01-05-04 06:53:51

DAVE-ADI

What a crazy idea.      To suggest sabotaging your own pupils test is very strange.   

A far better idea would be to keep out of the test centre car parks and practice on real car parks where you can teach the pupil  the importance of good observations at all times. 
Then you wouldn't need to worry that they can do it for real. 

In addition, it gives them experience of different layouts and situations, rather than just learning by rote how to park in one particular way.

#5 01-05-04 08:21:30

Mike Geary

But how many times does a pupil FAIL coz they have not  looked around to see if there is any one about?

I do stress to my pups to look about, + Remember to pretend its a Tesco car park on Xmas eve =lods of people & cars about!

But quite offen,  when having "Failed" due to Obs.  they say there was no one about when I drove in so I did'nt need to look!

Yes,  I do use lots of REAL CAR parks. and not the TC, except on the odd time when a pup asks  "what is it like at the TC" we may, when they R good enough! so they know what its like at the TC.

And I ment to mean be "well out of the way" (20+yards)  but close enough to make them look!?!

I have seen Delivery vans going in to a TC before now, thus making it a real situation to be delt with!

#6 01-05-04 14:57:40

DAVE-ADI

But how many times does a pupil FAIL coz they have not looked around to see if there is any one about?

If they haven't looked around they may run into anyone walking behind them, won't they?  So therefore they deserve to fail.

But quite offen, when having "Failed" due to Obs. they say there was no one about when I drove in so I did'nt need to look!
If they haven't looked around, how can they know there was no one was there?

#7 01-05-04 16:52:41

Bob_FOADS

I feel that the generanl concensus is that pupils should be left alone at all times during this manover.
As such further discussion which seems to be getting rather heated is not required and this thread has been locked.

Board footer