You are not logged in.

#1 21-11-05 16:26:17

Georgia

Toyota Corolla / Audi A3

Hi all

I am going to look for a suitable family car (well, for 2 adults & a baby!) this w/e & am viewing the Toyota Corolla & the Audi A3. I am leaning towards the Corolla because it is quite a bit cheaper than the A3. What would you recommend? Are they both nice cars to drive?

Many thanks

21-11-05 16:26:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Toyota Corolla / Audi A3

#2 22-11-05 14:48:56

Rob
Verified Member
Website

I was recommended by an AA patrol to buy japanese especially honda or toyota as he very rarely gets called out to them.

#3 22-11-05 15:11:34

Georgia

Hey Rob

Thanks for the tip - will bear that in mind when we go to test drive the cars this w/e.

smile

#4 22-11-05 15:20:53

markA.d.I

Hi there,

completed my prt 3 training in a corolla and an audi a3, the audi was by far my favourite ... great drive. toyota was nice but for me there is something about audi .... just love them...... you would prob' get more for your money in a toyota but it just isnt an audi !

So no help really !!

Nice cars both of them!

#5 22-11-05 15:32:35

Georgia

Hi Mark

My husband loves Audi's (& Mercedes - yeah, dream on!). We haven't seen a Corolla yet apart from on the web so it will be good to get a proper feel of both cars this w/e. Will I be able to test drive them too? I've had my full license for coming up to 3 months.

Thanks

#6 22-11-05 15:36:34

markA.d.I

No problem test driving them ... a full licence is a full licence ..... they will be more interested in taking your hard earned cash!

Toyota is very nice but very sensible ....

#7 22-11-05 15:48:24

Georgia

Thanks that's good to know. Will let you know what we think about them at the w/e.

smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 25-11-05 12:53:00

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Having had 2 Corollas I can say that it's rare for anything to go wrong... anything. Including the one I did 100,000 miles for driver training in.
Would LOVE an Audi over a Corolla! but here in Aust, they are much much more expensive.
Have just got a Focus, after only 1,000 miles the driver's sunvisor has come off, interior mirror loose, rear wiper blade come adrift, hatch lid vibrates & clunks. Just wouldn't happen in a Corolla.
Didn't get a new Corolla coz I thought the gearing is rather high (I do a lot of highway cruising) and the Focus is available with a 2 litre engine and 17" wheels. And because I thought Ford has at last built something to match Toyotas in build quality and reliability. Hope I'm not wrong......

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#9 27-11-05 16:15:46

Anonymous

Well it's a definite YES for the Audi A3. Wow, it's beautiful! It's in a different league to the Corolla. As they are made to order (so take 3 - 4 months) we need to decide on the spec & take it from there. They are expensive but, hey, we have to treat ourselves once in a while don't we!!

Thanks for your posts everyone.

Georgia

smile

Board footer