You are not logged in.

#1 23-10-05 17:46:16

LeanneADI
Verified Member

Dodgy indicator

My right indicator has started to flash very quickly.  Its audible inside the car too so its being a pain.  This is on a Corsa.

Ive checked the handbook and its says that a turn signal lamp has failed.  Does this mean the indicator bulb or something else.  Has anyone else had this happen?

Leanne

23-10-05 17:46:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Dodgy indicator

#2 23-10-05 18:14:09

arwen
Website

Hiya, its your cars way of telling you that one of your indicator lamps has blown.
Put your hazard lights on and have a look tongue
See if you can change it yourself, costs up to £10 to get a garage to do it!
As a tip, its now time to get a set of spare bulbs !

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 23-10-05 18:26:44

la.monikita
Verified Member

funny, but it happened to me last week, i went to check all bulbs were fine. it lasted 2 days and its ok now. b4 that the radio display had gone, radio works but won't turn off when ignition is turned off, so need to b careful. booked in already so will mention the indicators :?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#4 23-10-05 19:07:24

arwen
Website

sounds like trouble! :evil:
have you replaced any thing on the car recently, bulbs etc ?

#5 23-10-05 20:25:58

la.monikita
Verified Member

NOPE, NOTHING  :shock:

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#6 23-10-05 20:34:26

Mmm

Usually a bulb gone, but could also be a flasher unit (the relay-type thing that makes the circuit alternate between complete and broken, ie makes it flash). Should be easy to check/replace bulb just make sure you dont touch the new one with yer fingers and if you need to undo any screws to remove lenses etc make sure you dont overtighten them on reassembly.

#7 24-10-05 22:36:59

Dundeeguy
Verified Member

Heaps of modern cars aint got a flasher unit anymore. Indicators flashing too fast may be a sign of a faulty body control module. This controls most of the lights, windows and stuff like that and I'm sure corsas have a wee prob with them.

Also had a Punto fail its mot at my work for the indicators flashing too fast. He ended up with a new body control module.

The joys of the modern motor car  smile

#8 24-10-05 22:46:51

VandADI
Administrator

Sounds like the relay could be faulty, especially if its an intermittent fault.

#9 24-10-05 23:26:01

LeanneADI
Verified Member

For some reason it is working again today.  Had it checked over with me local garage.  They say it could be loose bulb or water getting in somewhere.  No problem now anyway.  Will probably have it again tomorrow. lol  lol

Leanne

#10 25-10-05 08:13:40

adi
Verified Member
Website

I have a 52 reg corsa and last year it went in for a new indicator stalk switch, they replaced the module mentioned above also because as dundeeguy stated they may be faulty.

Had a bulb go last week on the dash which lights up my mileage/trip meter, bought some bulbs, spent much time scratching my head wondering how i actually get to said bulb. Phoned dealership who told me their technicians take nearly one hour to change such a bulb! It will cost 35.00 to replace the bulb which cost me 70p!!! Car companies have it sussed, design cars so that even simple reapirs etc cannot be done by their owners or indie mechanics and make loads more cash! lol

#11 28-01-06 20:24:53

kevdyas
Verified Member
Website

Sounds like a dodgy/blown bulb to me, had same problem on Clio so checked round and the bulb glass part came away from the metal holder when I went to twist it causing a loose connection so replaced the bulb and all was well!

Kev.

DSA Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
Drive iQ Pro Coach
IAM Senior Observer/DIAmond Advanced Motorist/RoSPA - Gold
www.wheelsbydrivingschool.com

#12 29-01-06 09:26:35

Moominhater

Make sure you sort it out ASAP.  Mine went not so long ago - I got pulled by the police, very embarrassing - I got one of those - must be put right by an mot garage in 14 days - or else slips!  So instead of just paying for a bulb I also had to pay £10 for the garage to check it and stamp the form, and then totter off to the local nic with my form and ident papers (only to find out they close at 6pm in the week - how inconvenient!).  Had to go again on the Saturday.

Liz

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#13 06-02-06 13:41:59

pm
Verified Member

did it only happen turning in one direction left or right if so that narrows it down to three bulbs..take out, clean, check connection, replace or just buy new bulbs better safe than sorry id get it sorted just in case it goes on a test mmmmm

looking for buddy in tamworth..delayed success.. strike 1

#14 06-02-06 13:45:15

pm
Verified Member

derr just noticed RIGHT indicator...

looking for buddy in tamworth..delayed success.. strike 1

Board footer