You are not logged in.

#1 21-10-05 22:02:40

TM1

Check Test - waiting forever!

Have many  ADI's waited over 2 years fors an educational or check test for their 1st one since passing part 3?

21-10-05 22:02:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test - waiting forever!

#2 22-10-05 20:39:00

VandADI
Administrator

I waited 2 1/2 years between passing part 3 and my first check test.

#3 22-10-05 23:38:23

LeanneADI
Verified Member

2 years?  I should be so lucky.  Had one after 5 months.  Only been teaching for 2 at that point though!!

Leanne

#4 23-10-05 05:37:23

sparkle

20 months  roll

#5 23-10-05 10:55:58

Anonymous

Can anyone enlighten me as to how these "time intervals" really work for check test. I was expecting an educational within the first 6 months and then dependant on result/grade another checktest a year later. Does the length of time depend on eg. getting the waiting list down first for pupil driving tests first, or my pass rate, or the number of pupils I present for test over a period of time. I honestly dont know the answer - does anybody else? I also dont know if I should phone and request one as its been over 2 years since part 3 (after all what else do we get for our $400 every four years)

advise wanted please

#6 23-10-05 11:12:53

luchell

Why not phone and ask if one is in the pipeline for you? Thats what i would want to do. I cant wait for mine. New learning experience and all that lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 23-10-05 20:32:45

adi
Verified Member
Website

3 and a half years before my first one.

#8 24-10-05 08:32:20

ck
Website

I can't believe it, I am upto 20 months and check the mail every morning expecting the 'invitation' but 3 1/2years thats unbelievable we are supposed to get one within the first 12 months aren't we.
There must surely be some sort of criteria for doing the check tests the way they do. A friend of mine who passed his pt 2 on the same day as me at the same t/c went on to pass his pt3 one week before me lives in the same area as me, had his check test a couple of weeks ago I'm still waiting, so they it can't be the area or the time since pt3 passed .

#9 24-10-05 14:09:31

adi
Verified Member
Website

Because the wait was so long i had no educational, just a grading.
Why the eagerness for a check test? Next time i have one come up i will gladly swap with you big_smile

#10 02-11-05 23:40:08

Anonymous

Spoke too soon. Had a phone call from DSA this week. Check test now arranged. (Big brother is watching this site - well maybe!)

#11 03-11-05 16:55:36

adi
Verified Member
Website

Yeah me too, had the dreaded envelope pop through the door over the weekend! :shock:

#12 06-11-05 17:22:59

guess who
Verified Member

I waited two years and 11 months for my first check test.

#13 08-11-05 21:33:40

bandb666
Verified Member

6 months for me   roll  but I did get a grade  big_smile

32228867b788f001d0578227977f51516cfb185f8a8b5a90a373e985.jpg

#14 10-11-05 12:24:20

pj
Verified Member

can we ring and request a check test ? There is something I am looking into doing but you need a grade 5 or 6 (will tell you more if it happens), not had a check test since qualifying 2 1/2 years ago.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#15 10-11-05 23:40:02

Mentor
Verified Member

big_smile DSA are miles behind with check tests but are currently trying to catch up. It is not unusual to wait 2 years to get one though some manage within 6 months of qualifying.
Wouldnt worry about it, eventually they get to you.

#16 08-12-05 20:07:46

adi
Verified Member
Website

Well got CT 2 out of the way, did motorways and it was unbelieveably busy, pupil was really nervous, thought i had blown it big time in 3 areas and was expecting to even fail it. Got back and was given a 5, fantastic, at least i will be left alone for a few more years! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#17 08-12-05 20:17:18

markA.d.I

well done adi, great to get 'em out the way !

#18 09-12-05 05:19:50

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Ive been qualified 19 months and had Educational & Check test!

well done adi,
i think they are hitting Shrewsbury quite hard at moment, saw hazel yesterday on hers, and i think Mr Mini had his yesterday too.

#19 14-08-07 13:52:21

Hale
Verified Member
Website

6 months til 1st CT.

The examiner delighted in announcing the imminence of the event upon my passing Part 3.

It was as if  "Yes, I passed you, but I don't think your that good, so i'm going to keep an eye on you!"

After it (got a 4) examiner told me 2 years til next one.

It was 2 years (almost to the day) I hadn't taught in those 2 years and got a 4 (again!)
SE said he could see I was a 5 just needed a more time to get going and warm-up. (how annoying???!!!!!)

Upon this I was "given" the SE's direct telephone line number. A rite of passage I believe!

I never asked when next CT assuming another 2 years. But hey, I now have his personal number so can call him up myself in 2 years time and ask.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

Board footer