You are not logged in.

#26 19-04-04 20:15:38

vince

Re: Prices ? ? ?

Sorry all, I just couldn't let this one go by, why do several of you insist on blocking groups into pigeon holes? Everyone is an individual! I particularly take exception to the assaults on students, My own son is a student in Brighton, impoverished, and does two part time jobs to eke out his grant, I paid for his driving lessons, not him, he doesn't own, insure or maintain a car ( sorry Ozzie) but delivers pizza until 3.00am in their van 4 nights a week, he also works in a bar 2 nights a week and regularly uses the club car to taxi the female bar staff home after their shifts, On the other hand, he shares a house with 5 other students, all of whom receive a generous allowance from wealthy parents, indeed one of them has a father worth several millions.( I also have a severly disabled child,plus another and thus cannot financially support my eldest, but I'm !!!!!!!! proud of him and what he's done off his own back)
     Likewise, Liesa, I don't believe for one second you intended to imply  that ALL stay at home partners were poor, so please everyone, charge what the market in your area will stand, but allow a little leeway and lets try not to charge according what badge they're wearing or which category we think they fit into
          take care out there ,.,.,Vince

19-04-04 20:15:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 19-04-04 22:07:15

Liesa

Vince wrote

Likewise, Liesa, I don't believe for one second you intended to imply that ALL stay at home partners were poor,

Most definately not Vince!  wink

#28 19-04-04 23:08:28

Badger

I charge a flat rate across the board  - no discounts -  no concessions.

Once a year I run a charity case if there is one around. I will teach someone to drive at cost price if they are a deserving case.

Badger

#29 20-04-04 10:23:24

DAVE-ADI

I still get students, despite not offering student discounts.   

When they ask, I tell them that although I understand their position, I am self employed and need to make a wage.  If I gave them a discount, others may ask why I can't give them the same, after all, everyone gets the same service.

I don't see anything wrong with asking for a discount though.  I do it when I shop!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#30 20-04-04 21:44:52

Ozzie

Badger wrote:

I charge a flat rate across the board  - no discounts -  no concessions.

Once a year I run a charity case if there is one around. I will teach someone to drive at cost price if they are a deserving case.

Badger

I have also done charity cases, and given gift vouchers for charities to auction off to raise money. However students STILL don't get a discount (sorry Vince).

Oz

#31 20-04-04 22:41:13

vince

Thanks for those who replied, I believe some of you have misconstrued my objection,I did not at any time, suggest or condone discounts, indeed I think I clearly stated "charge what your area will stand". I'm also in the job and so I need to charge the going rate to make a living, as you all do. I appreciate Liesa's reply re "stay at home partners", thank you, but comments about students, en masse, living off taxes, which we all pay regardless, and which nowadays are loans not grants, and assuming that students taking lessons indicates vehicle ownership, are unhelpful and noncondusive to our proffesion,  :cry:     As a parting thought, before this site bans me for incitement, once my son has graduated, and is speeding to a patient, having learnt to drive, I wonder how many would refuse his skills because their taxes had paid for them? we're all different, still,.
           you all take care out there,. Vince wink

#32 22-04-04 20:37:42

Liesa

Vince

I don't think anybody took you the wrong way, they, like you, are only expressing their own oppinions, and that's what makes a good debate.

So please join in and feel free, to let us all know your oppinions about any subjects that get discussed.

After all, we all learn from one another!  wink

Board footer