You are not logged in.

#1 12-04-04 08:48:21

martint

Insurance

I also do my own mock tests and find they really help my learners. I would advise other ADIs to check thier insurance cover before accompanying learners in other ADI's cars. I have third party only insurance to drive other vehicles, but I am not sure my insurance would cover me for accompanying learners in other people's cars. My insurance on my own vehicle only covers them driving whilst I am instructing.

12-04-04 08:48:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance

#2 12-04-04 19:04:54

Kev
Verified Member
Website

My Insurance covers any ADI teach in the car, anyone over the age of 25 with a full licence with my concent.       Then Tuition and tests for learners.  roll

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#3 13-04-04 05:50:31

martint

Thanks Kev.  big_smile

#4 13-04-04 11:55:22

Midge
Website

I've often wondered why some people say that the DIA insurance is dearer than the one they use. I try loads of insurnace companies every year, but still find mine is the best. I thought it was because they were in a different area, but since this discusion started I'm wondering if it is because I get so much more, maybe the other companies charge extra?  I am insured to use other vehicles for my business (sometimes neccessary with people who have a disability), my car is insured for any other instructor to teach in with my permission,  I am insured to teach sixteen year olds as long as their licence  is valid, and I can teach under age off the road. 
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#5 13-04-04 19:52:59

martint

Thanx Midge, I'll give the DIA insurance guys a ring & get a quote for next year. Cheers Martin  big_smile

Board footer