You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-08-05 16:02:01

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Failed Part 3 today

Hi All,

Just to let you know I failed Part 3 today. First attempt. 
Got Pst 9 Crossroads Phase 1, Pedestrian Xings and signals, Phase 2.  Got a 3/3.
I'm  not on a trainee licence but am now going to go down that route and work part time and brush up on those skills hopefully.
From reading her posts I'm sure Luchell has benefited from teaching real learners with BSM.  I'd only taken the wife out for practise, to drive that is, and a meal occasionally as well but it's not the same, as she is a full licence holder.  At least I know what to expect next time and treat this as a learning experience although it would of been good to pass first time.   sad

AlphaBob

Whose the Daddy!!!
www.bobsdrivingschool.co.uk

23-08-05 16:02:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed Part 3 today

#2 23-08-05 16:15:33

Badger

Never Mind Alphabob.

Use the ADI 26CT form as the guide for the areas that you need to concentrate on.

Pink ticket is a good idea it certainly helped me a lot

Badger

#3 23-08-05 16:36:41

KD88
Verified Member

I agree, I didn't like the training and was questioning my decision on giving up 30 years of newsagency to do this, and was very nervous about going on a pink. A month into it however and I now know I was right. I know I am good at this job and have been told several times that I am so much better than pupils last instructor. I am still apprehensive about my part 3 however, as I think it is a false situation. Having an examiner sit in a couple of lessons would be a better way for those on a pink. BTW I am with BSM and show my licence and make no secret that I am new to the job, in fact I couldn't do anything else initially as I was also working an area that I was not totaly familier with and sometimes needed to ask pupils advice on directions.

#4 23-08-05 16:53:26

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Badger & KD88,

Thanks for that. I think nerves played a part. I was concentrating so hard and looking ahead that I missed the errors the examiner made. Also jabbered away too much on Phase 2 instead of Q & A, again nerves. Sweated buckets and drank a bottle of water, mouth was as dry as a bone. Hopefully with real pupils I'll get the experience of instructing and it will become more natural and I'll feel more relaxed.   Would others agree?

AlphaBob

Whose the Daddy!!!

#5 23-08-05 16:56:08

pepe1
Verified Member

sorry to hear you failed,im sure you will pass the next time!
did you feel you totally ballsed up or did you feel that you were a bit rusty and out of practice?  roll

#6 23-08-05 16:57:37

Joseph's Grandad

Stick with it, you know what to expect. Work on mistakes and enjoy "Pink" it's well worth it.

#7 23-08-05 17:44:29

leslie
Verified Member
Website

Similar to myself the first time, just couldn't relax. Did you get some positive feedback?

Spent some time on the phone with the SE, just going over the main points they're looking for, can remember him telling me it wasn't rock science, as long as you make full use of the Core Competencies and controlled the lesson, and because i was on a pink, he asked if i had any difficult pupils who needed more control, treat them like that he said.

Good luck with your next attempt.

Leslie

#8 23-08-05 19:33:59

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Bad luck, sad  although you were so close! at least you now know what to expect.  I know what you mean about "real" lessons as I will not be going on a pink before my 1st attempt - but I hope to find a few "victims" to train for free.
You will get it next time though best of luck smile
Alex

#9 23-08-05 20:10:54

luchell

a pink will help if used properly, what i had learnt to do was obviously read the road well ahead but watching the pupil as much as poss, especially when they need to be doing something like a gear change mspsl etc.

the examiner will not put you or other road users in danger as such so you can afford to be watching him slightly more than you do your pupils once on a pink.

i glance at the road, if its a town centre and really busy im looking  probably 50 50 depending on pupils skills. anywhere else its about 80 pupil 20 road.

sorry tpo hear your news and i do think a pink will help you feel more confident. my part three really was to me a learner that needed my help on any weaknesses he displayed. im positive that helped me.

#10 24-08-05 08:36:37

AlphaBob
Verified Member

Hi All,

Thanks for all you comments and advice. Also thinking about it although I have had 40 hours instruction with my ADI on a regular basis I suppose I have got used to him and therefore relax more.  Also I know the area where we practise and so that helps. The test centre is 25 miles away from where I live so I dont know the roads so well.  Thats another reason why I was looking ahead so much and not watching the examiner enough. Plus talking to much about situations especially on Phase 2 instead of Q & A.

Going to apply for the trainee licence today as I had already arranged to start with a local school whether it was to be as a PDI or ADI.

AlphaBob

Whose the Daddy!!!

#11 24-08-05 09:13:46

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

AlphaBob,

Sorry to hear your bad news, but not bad a 3/3

Sounds you are like me, same boat not on a Pink, useing the Mrs to practice on and living in Hampshire.

I have just bought a car for the job, will get it dueled soon ( hope to get some advice on that later ) and a friends daughter will be 17 in October who I will train for nothing for real practice.

Luchell got your PM - Many thanks for your advice and hope to call you in the weeks ahead and Dave H.

Good luck on your next attempt Alphabob

Regards
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#12 24-08-05 09:16:40

luchell

great idea. dont worry about not knowing the roads. i dont know where i took my part three at all. all i needed to know was any hazards ahead, for instance we're turing right at some traffic lights theyre green and its a filter arrow we're waiting for so i asked him can he go? he said yep i said uh no  roll . that sort of thing.

just look well ahead dont worry about watching the road. your pink will really help you with that, you need your eyes on a stalk way out in front of the car then you watch the se or you pupil.

turn in your seat slightly to, you'll be amazed what your peripheral vision picks up when youre angled like that.

use your pink to strengthen any areas you need to, i know mine has been a total godsend. but only because its been used to its poor maximum.

#13 24-08-05 09:19:18

luchell

good stuff sibeks. my idea is if theres help out there grab it! i did lol

#14 24-08-05 14:57:56

holmestiesto

likewise luchell ..... Hard luck Alphabob good luck for next time tho.

#15 24-08-05 18:10:23

bertie

Sorry to hear you did'nt get through. I got the same PST and result in july. Hope we get the same result the next time - a PASS!!

regards

Board footer