You are not logged in.

#1 21-08-05 18:54:27

stsmith2212
Verified Member

help on part 3

Hi, can anybody tell me if it is ok to take briefing cards on part 3 test. Will it be ok to have all the main points to cover, in front of you.
Thanks

Part 3...April 10th.... 2-2      Delayed success
Part 3...June 22nd......4-3     Delayed success
Part 3...Nov 09th ... 3-3        Delayed success

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!

2nd time around...

Part 1... Passed March 07   1st time
Part 2....Failed March 07
Part 2....Passed May 07
Part 3....Failed Jan 18th 08
Part 3....Failed March 08
Part 3....I think its all over.... IT IS NOW!  Failed oct 08

21-08-05 18:54:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: help on part 3

#2 21-08-05 19:02:27

sparkle

Yep its fine.

I had promt cards for every PST there is.

When i found out what PST i had...i pulled it out.

Stuck it on the dsah board in front of me with blue - tack...and the rest is history.

lol

#3 21-08-05 19:04:22

stsmith2212
Verified Member

Thanks thats a relief. Have you passed part 3 and is it scary?

2nd time around...

Part 2....Passed May 07

#4 21-08-05 19:06:59

stsmith2212
Verified Member

Sparkle, when you say prompt cards, did you buy them or make ones yourself?

2nd time around...

Part 2....Passed May 07

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 21-08-05 19:09:05

dashdriving.com
Website

Hi,

Yes, it's fine to take your prompt cards.

Treat the part 3 just as you would a lesson with a real lerner. If you use prompt cards with a learner, use them with the SE.

Practice just how you use them though . . . make it effective, but try not to give the SE the impression that you're reading from a script. It doesn't give a good first impression, and you never get a second chance to make one of those.

I've put some briefing advice here, hope it might be of some use

http://www.ukdic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6012

I can't stress highly enough that part 3 is just a lesson. The SE wants to see how you deal with giving a real lesson, so try to make sure that you show them just how you'll do it.

regards, and all the very best with your part 3

Dave Hartley

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#6 21-08-05 19:10:00

sparkle

Yes I have passed part 3 and I also train pdi's.

My last pdi went up with the prompt cards.

Post cards with * bullet points ..... postcards..a la WH Smith  lol

#7 21-08-05 19:15:41

stsmith2212
Verified Member

Thanks everyone for your valued advice.

2nd time around...

Part 2....Passed May 07

#8 21-08-05 19:20:03

stsmith2212
Verified Member

Sorry if i sound thick, but are the postcards blank or do you buy already with bullet points on ?

2nd time around...

Part 2....Passed May 07

#9 21-08-05 19:24:10

sparkle

Blank post cards...

*bullet points as in> highlighted important points to mention on a certain PST...

FOR EXAMPLE>

Pedestrian crossings... on my cards i would have somthing like>

* MIRRORS
*ZIG-ZAGS
*WAVING AT PEDS
*STOP LINE
*LIGHTS
*ISLAND

and so on and so on......

#10 21-08-05 19:26:52

stsmith2212
Verified Member

OK ta. I get it now thanx

2nd time around...

Part 2....Passed May 07

Board footer