You are not logged in.

#1 13-08-05 14:01:25

mags
Verified Member

Emergency Stop

A bit of advice is needed,
Ive got a pupil at the moment that is 3 months pregnant, had lots of lessons with another ADI so she quite advanced into her training,
she is not quite test standard but not far off and she has never done the E/S, I was going to do it with her today, but stopped myself because of her condition, now i know if a real life emergency arose she would have to do an E/S but this early in her pregnancy i was abit wary on doing this,
Please help would would you do in this situation :?:
would she be expected to do it on her test :?:
i know she is going to have to know how to perform it,but at this early stage, i would hate to put her or her pregnancy at any risk
Thanks Mags smile

13-08-05 14:01:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Emergency Stop

#2 13-08-05 14:50:57

buz2

there is no risk its very safe

#3 13-08-05 15:22:57

luchell

why not practise at slow speeds say 15 to 20 mph so she knows how to do it if the need should arise. that way her technique will be good hopefully. local de told me if lady was clearly quite pregnant they wouldnt get them to do one, however in theory they could get them to do one so they must know it. if that makes sense.

#4 13-08-05 15:30:16

VandADI
Administrator

At 3 months pregnant, she wouldn't even be showing (unless she is having twins or triplets)   lol so there shouldn't really be any discomfort with the seatbelt.

#5 13-08-05 19:28:14

T

I have 2 pupils who are pregnant and i did some research but didn't come across anything to say they couldn't do the ES. I informed my pupils of this but i asked them to consult with their midwives just in case there was anything unique with their pregnancies that would invalidate this info.

#6 13-08-05 20:00:58

mags
Verified Member

Thanks for replies guys, will try next time at a low speed
Cheers Mags big_smile

Board footer