You are not logged in.

#1 08-04-04 07:06:41

Liesa

Hazard perception test software, which do you use?

Which software do you use for HPT training?

How have you or your pupils found it compares to the real test?

I personally have the focus software, but I've found that in a lot of the clips, you literally have to click as things pull out on you, in order to score full marks!

Apparently the only software that's like the real thing is the ROADSENSE package, but there are only 10 exam mode clips on this, and it is the most expensive software that I've come across. It does have other interactive clips on it as well, which are designed for practise but again there aren't many of these either!

I do have a copy of roadsense as well, and when you run through it, it does react differently to the focus software!

08-04-04 07:06:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hazard perception test software, which do you use?

#2 08-04-04 09:28:11

crazymaddriver

Hi
I have both the roadsense dvd and the focus cd rom . I actually found the focus on more useful as  the roadsense one didnt have much clips on it .
I passed my part one theory mainly using the focus cd rom. the views are different between them both but i didnt feel this to be a problem.

Sal

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 08-04-04 11:10:49

Michaela7
Website

Hi,

I use the ne-learning software for HPT practice. The clips are taken from the actual DSA ones used. There are only 8 clips but it does respond the same as the actual test when you clik. I have found this software very useful and not over priced at £9.99. It is also excellent for the theory side of things and has a learning mode. I do also have the Roadsense DVD but the interactive practice clips on it are a bit limited I find.

Friendly, female Instructor! smile

Arrow School of Motoring

Car+small+picture.jpg

#4 09-04-04 16:48:13

kev146g
Website

i use the focus as it has  the 8 dsa plus 42 other clips also they do a second cd of 100 clips each cost £7.99 from asda

kev
w w w.drivingschool.me.uk

#5 09-04-04 16:54:27

DAVE-ADI

You've been robbed!   Morrisons have them for £5.99

More reasons to shop at Morrisons, as they say.

#6 09-04-04 18:27:07

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
I have 'Theory Test Success'.
You can do the theory test both learner and ADI.
You can also take the hazard perception test for learners or again adi level.
It also has the highway code on the cd.

#7 09-04-04 23:22:08

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Yes, i also hav seen the CD-ROM at Morrison's for that price.

Ive taken the hazard perception test at my local test centre, it was around 5 weeks ago.

I found that the car was driven a lot slower that the one in the focus CD.

The picture was clear and you could click a lot more without it saying you have got no score, I filled the bottom of the screen with flags and it didn't say i had clicked to many times.

That was about 25 in total.

#8 10-04-04 17:49:24

kev146g
Website

dont have morrisons in the south yet till they rebrand  safeway

kev
w w w.drivingschool.me.uk

#9 13-04-04 10:58:36

Natalie

I have the morrisons CD at home as my husband is learning to drive and I am a PDI.  We have both found the CD to be of great help.  I seem to pass the HP everytime.  I have my mock HP on Thursday of this week so I will see how I do on that one.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 13-04-04 20:56:00

churchy

Natalie wrote:

I have the morrisons CD at home as my husband is learning to drive and I am a PDI.  We have both found the CD to be of great help.  I seem to pass the HP everytime.  I have my mock HP on Thursday of this week so I will see how I do on that one.

Good luck for Thursday Nats, you'll be fine. The HPT is the thorn in my side, I've been using the Focus version and all i seem to do is fail.  I was half way through a test and it kicked me out for cheating.  :shock:

How many times can you actually click before this happens as things that i believe are hazards never actually are on the software.   :cry:

#11 16-04-04 22:30:34

Mike Geary

Hi every Body

I use the "Focus" Twin CDs from Desk Top Drivng at £7.50 for 10 copies,

All my Pups find these just great, in both aspects + info from the relevent bit of the HwC at a touch of the mouse.

Again, the Focus does both Learner or ADI  TTs.

The only problem is 4 me I always score badly on the HPT coz, I can not stop my self from "clicking" on any kind of Hazard, Developing or not!
  and thats just where this HPT falls down, we get both types or hazard out there!

Possiblie Coz, I spent my life driving for a living since 20yrs old. and to me its something that is designed for Learners,  Not "Professtional Good Drivers" B.N. I driven around 1,800,000 miles so far! so, what can these "Film Clips" teach me? (it Stinks)

Sorry, Iam just getting a bit out of the tubes,

Back to the point, Its pritygood the "Focus" CDs

well, that my opinion

Mike Geary Bye 4 NoooowwwWWWWWwwwwww..........   . . . . .. . .. .. .

Board footer