You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-08-05 11:51:20

Target
Verified Member
Website

Why the waiting lists are so long!

Your need to stick with me on this one because it will get a little confusing, but I wonder somtimes.

Ever watched that airline program when someones one minute late but cannot get the flight whilst people are still boarding.Well, its like that down the TC.

Chingford last week the pupil was late, apparrantly lost L-Plates ( blown off ) on route, clearly more than 5 mins but surely they can use some discretion.

Barnet. Friday and my pupils test is cancelled, thankfully rescheduled for Wednesday.

Today. I took two pupils to test one was covered by another instructor@ 10:44. Apparantly the test for the 2nd pupil was at 09:37, but she insists it was 10:44. I'm sure i checked the letter and read 10:44.

At this time an examiner is calling a name but not my pupil. Obviously a NO SHOW. So pupil asks can you take me. NO!. File and details must be available, just bring another DL25 out the office and go.

Heres the best bit.
Instructor and pupil arrives at 11:00 for a test at 11:11. Now theres already an instructor sitting in the office after the no show at 10:44, but never attempted to come and see the pupil in the waiting room, it took a ring on the bell.

Examiner comes to door. Can i help you. Yes test at 11:11. Sorry your examiner is off sick.   What? :shock:

We tried calling but no answer. Pupil then looks at paperwork examiner has in hand and says. Thats my number my telephone has been on all morning.

Obviously this examiner was booked out at 11:44 and could not take the 11:11, or could he.

Test takes 40 minutes. Pupil was actually in the waiting room at 10:55 arrived early. Taken day off work the lot.

Even if there was a slight overrun it only eats into the examiners lunch break so no big deal.

This is the really fun bit. Apparantly the DSA had changed the time from 11:44 to 11:11 so i heard the pupil say.

Theres a no show everytime i goto the TC. Theres some sort of query.
Days off are becoming normal, but they all seem to get that overtime in at the weekends.

If this is happening around my area then its happening at yours.

I worried about a pupil being slightly nerious near test and wondering if another 20 hours should do it. lol

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

08-08-05 11:51:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Why the waiting lists are so long!

Board footer