You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-08-05 15:15:36

buzzbaa
Verified Member
Website

part3 on monday 8/8/5. BRING IT ON!!

Hi Folks,

just thought i'd run you a diary.
ive my 1st (hopefully final) attempt at part 3 this monday coming.
been training for it since xmas, doing about 2hrs per week.
im being trained by colin scott in leicester, who is one hell of a guy.
i havnt lost any interest in anything that im doing, and he just pushes and pushes me.

done 2 mock tests so far.

1st  mock - phs1 - l/rev marked as 5 ph2 - crossroads marked as 3
2nd mock - phs1 - t-jun/emerging marked as 4 - parallel park marked as 4.

next lesson tomorrow (thurs) 1hr half
then friday 1hr half.

its gonna be close, but im ready for them!!!!!!!

good luck everyone

Craig

03-08-05 15:15:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: part3 on monday 8/8/5. BRING IT ON!!

#2 03-08-05 15:27:24

Carlo
Verified Member

Good Luck Mate!  big_smile

Do you mind me asking if you went on a trainees licence?

"It's easy when you know how!"

#3 03-08-05 15:42:03

Shrek
Verified Member

Hi guys,
just want to wish you good luck on your Pt 3 mate.
Hope it all goes well.
Cheers,
Shrek.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#4 03-08-05 17:00:31

holmestiesto

Good Luck for monday Craig...........Fingers crossed!!!!

#5 04-08-05 07:32:27

buzzbaa
Verified Member
Website

hi all,

thanks for your replies. got another lesson today, followed by two lessons ive got to teach on, its gonna be a tiring day. s'pose i better get use to it!!

response to carlo

hi carlo.

i took out a pink license 4 weeks ago.
im currently teaching 3 pupils on the license, and to me it has really been a big benefit.

for example, on my last lesson with my tutor, we was looking at approaching t-jun, and emerging. there was a couple of issues that i was not quite upto scratch on. one being approaching speed, and how to phrase.

once we had come to a conclusion, i tried the same phrases, on one of my pupils, and it worked!!!  big_smile  big_smile so now i believe it is more inbedded in my mind.

at what stage are you at?

Cheers

Craig

#6 04-08-05 15:18:33

Carlo
Verified Member

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply.  I have my part 2 in september and my part 3 training already booked for end of september  smile   Busy few months ahead I think!  smile

#7 04-08-05 19:00:26

pk1

Good luck - post how you get on lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 05-08-05 07:56:58

Morgan
Verified Member

buzzbaa wrote:

once we had come to a conclusion, i tried the same phrases, on one of my pupils, and it worked!!!  big_smile  big_smile so now i believe it is more inbedded in my mind.

I am glad someone else thinks like I do.  Practical application of the theory you have been taught, surely the whole reason for the pink licence.

Good luck on Monday

#9 06-08-05 11:00:41

mags
Verified Member

Best of luck for monday buzzbaa
just remember stay in control, dont let them get away with anything
Mags big_smile  big_smile

#10 06-08-05 14:33:31

buzzbaa
Verified Member
Website

hi all,

thanks for all the good luck messages.

had another mock on thurs. EEK!! :?  was not good. think i was maybe trying to hard. started to brief on the emergency stop, and made a complete shables of it. had a look at it agian on friday, and hey!! excellent stuff, would of passed with at least a 5 big_smile .

im hoping to keep it all fresh for monday, and not to panic if i make an error.

i am a perfectionist so i get told, so i suppose thats why when i make errors it tends to snowball. Must try and chill out.

see you all soon

Craig

#11 07-08-05 17:36:51

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Good luck for tomorrow!!!
Alex
Let us know how it goes

#12 07-08-05 18:31:30

WOOF

Ditto!

big_smile

#13 08-08-05 07:53:21

luchell

good luck!!

#14 08-08-05 11:20:40

Shrek
Verified Member

Best of luck again mate!
Let us know how you got on...   smile

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#15 08-08-05 16:36:02

buzzbaa
Verified Member
Website

ah well, maybe next time.

phs1 - meeting, clearance, anticipation. got a 3....

managed the anticipation ok,
managed the meeting, eventually.
clearance was the problem, trying to get him to realise that he was a metre away. If i had mentioned 2 him too look down the road, i would of got a 4. did mention it at the end, as we had parked, but too late.

phs2 - hesitancy, progress, road position. got a 4.

nailed his r/pos straight away.
managed to get him to progress, and not loose his speed, but then he decided to speed up. always doing 30 in a 30, and 60/70 in a 60/70.
told him that road conditions differ, and told him to look far down.

hesitancy. stop using h/brake when not needed, slow into jun's get observations in nice and early, then decide.

anyway, 1st attempt gone.

was told (not by s/e, but another instructor) that if it was my 3rd attempt, it would of been a 4/4. but hey, life goes on.

next attempt 26th september.

bring it on!!!!!

#16 08-08-05 16:59:23

Carlo
Verified Member

Unlucky mate  sad

You'll sort it next time, no probs  smile

#17 08-08-05 18:38:21

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

So close sad
you'll get it next time though..................
Alex

Board footer