You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 16-07-17 04:26:14

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Fidgetty?

I've always wondered about fidget spinners, apart from spin what do they do and why are they so popular?

The Wikipedia article describes them as "useless machines designed to spin with little effort", and for those who don't know what one looks like when it spins, there's a video of one actually spinning (wow!).
Apparently kids love them - between giving directions I discussed it with my test candidate this morning, she said her young brothers were obsessed with them and played throwing games but she doesn't see what all the fuss is herself.

I bought one on impulse while getting petrol on the way to her driving test, and sat in the car for a minute with it spinning between my thumb & forefinger thinking "Now what?"
The bearing felt a wee bit loose and I could feel the ball bearings a little as it spun  i.e. it wasn't absolutely dead smooth, which disappointed me a little.
I over-sprayed mine with WD40 ("Over-sprayed" because I'm always losing that thin tube thingy used for accurate spraying).

So I'm sitting here with it spinning; can anyone answer my question "now what?"
And my other question: how can I stop losing that tube thingy on my WD40 cans?

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

16-07-17 04:26:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fidgetty?

#2 16-07-17 09:10:01

Joe24
Verified Member

They are adding fidget spinners to the new driving test apparently. They will ask you to spin while stationary and then spin while on the move. It's part of this "modern driving" stuff. yikes

I saw a guy having a shave the other day in a queue of traffic. (Not joking) How long before that's added to the test?  hmm

Last edited by Joe24 (16-07-17 09:10:33)

#3 16-07-17 23:09:16

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Young people are usually good at multitasking, I think the UK should have their test candidates text and spin at the same time while on a motorway.

BTW it seems lubricating the bearings wasn't such a good idea, it doesn't keep spinning for as longer now as it did before (you live and learn  hmm)

Last edited by Zipper (16-07-17 23:12:13)

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
www.drivingnt.com

#4 17-07-17 07:28:16

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Technically WD40 isn't a lubricant, the hint is in the name, it was the 40th formula tried by someone trying to develop a Water Dispersant.

#5 17-07-17 09:37:19

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

It was actually a Selley's spray lubricant, I couldn't remember "RP7" and was too lazy to go check the label on the can I used, "WD40" came to mind so I called it that, as it does have a lubricating effect.
Also makes bathroom taps shiny  big_smile

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer