You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 15-04-17 15:49:18

VandADI
Administrator

New Driving test changes December 2017

So, it's official, new driving test changes will be introduced in December 2017.

https://content.govdelivery.com/account … ns/1940ee0

https://despatch.blog.gov.uk/2017/04/15 … d-to-know/

15-04-17 15:49:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New Driving test changes December 2017

#2 15-04-17 16:31:49

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Brilliantly thought out as usual.
No Welsh speaking sat nav?

Well let's just make it a 4/5 option then.
Except of course it won't be random, it will be rigged to fit Welsh speakers!

#3 16-04-17 01:33:59

MAZ
Verified Member

I do half my work in Wales and there are not enough Welsh tests to cover 1 in 5 but it leaves plenty of room for other anomalies such as Sat Nav malfunctions etc, and will prevent a test having to be abandoned in such an event.

Maz.

#4 16-04-17 07:59:36

reddragonbus
Verified Member

This test is just a huge joke now.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#5 16-04-17 12:13:18

Mentor
Verified Member

Agree with the above, just a joke now. The DVSA justifying it's existence by bringing in change for the sake of change in the guise of road safety.
I wonder when they will announce the supply of free satnavs to all ADI's or even a discount offer to buy one. I won't hold my breath!
As for reversing out of a bay in a public car park. Shall we see the first collision before the end of the first day or will it take a week.?

#6 16-04-17 14:47:41

kaf
Verified Member
Website

The bottom line, is that the DVSAs own evaluation of the trials showed no evidence of improved safety for new drivers.
Sums the whole farce up really.

#7 19-04-17 07:04:37

kaf
Verified Member
Website

New SMTM question.
"When it's safe, show me how you would operate the horn"

Answer, " No, I won't, because it is illegal to operate the horn unnecessarily"

Discuss.

#8 19-04-17 08:30:37

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Answer: Ok I'll do it when I get back to the test centre car park wink

#9 19-04-17 13:07:12

kaf
Verified Member
Website

my thoughts exactly!
HC rule 112
"The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence..........."
And Road Vehicles Construction and Use Regulations 1986 section 97
"No motor vehicle shall be used on a road in such manner as to cause any excessive noise which could have been avoided by the exercise of reasonable care on the part of the driver."

Board footer