You are not logged in.

#1 07-09-16 20:16:45

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

One Way Streets

I have a question and I admit up front that I don't know the answer.  I've searched online and still can't find the answer so I'm going to pitch it here and hopefully one of you knowledgeable bunch will know the answer.

We all know that if we are emerging right from a one way street we position to the right.  However if we are turning right from a one way street into a two way street what should our positioning be?  I simply don't know!

07-09-16 20:16:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: One Way Streets

#2 07-09-16 21:59:29

Triplea35
Verified Member

Still on the right of the one way street on approach and turn onto the left hand side of the two way road. Any traffic on the two way street would only be  emerging right or ahead. You wouldn't want to be positioned to the left of the one way street turning right across the path of potential overtaking traffic. Unless road markings indicate otherwise. Just my view, can't think of one round my way.

Last edited by Triplea35 (07-09-16 23:03:37)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 09-09-16 19:10:24

kaf
Verified Member
Website

As above.

#4 09-09-16 20:34:52

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Although I would generally agree with you, it feels really weird doing as you suggest...  hmm

#5 12-09-16 10:04:26

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
This example used to be on Blackburn test area.
https://goo.gl/maps/m8RXPmHTpMz
Ignore the parked vehicles there weren't very often any there.
Any further to the right than straddling the middle of the road (where the joiin of dark and light tarmac is) would result in cutting the corner and if a vehicle wanted to emerge you would have to wait for it, possibly then expposiing it to the dangers of vehicles overtaking you on the left

Board footer