You are not logged in.

#1 07-02-16 07:16:06

Cinnamonsal

Where to go from here?

I'm in my 50s and half way through my ADI training and can't decide whether to take a franchise with the company I'm training with (RED) or go it alone. I live in an area where people set great stead in using local businesses and there are no driving instructors in the immediate area. I have no mortgage so don't need a huge income coming in, just enough to pay the bills and allow for a holiday or two per year if I'm lucky.

Advice needed please!

07-02-16 07:16:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Where to go from here?

#2 07-02-16 11:28:46

Evan
Administrator

Hi I would go indi, simply don't see the point in giving what you earn to someone else. I have a friend who is a female instructor in Preston, if you want to PM me I will give you her phone number, I am sure she will be happy to give you advice and as she is in the same area as you maybe a little support when you get going.
Kind regards
Evan

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 07-02-16 13:53:05

kaf
Verified Member
Website

I agree with Evan, certainly when the option is to work with a company with the doubtful reputation of Red.

#4 08-02-16 16:02:16

TDAScott
Website

avoid red if possible.

If there is a lack of ADI's around then it could be worth going it alone, but it could be worth looking at any local franchise's as a local area may not provide enough work for what you require.

I'd recommend set up your website, facebook page etc as soon as possible, chuck £50 on adwords, £50 on facebook and see how many enquiries you get. If it's enough to keep you busy then go with it, if not go with a local school and build up a reputation, try again in 2 years.

#5 08-02-16 20:46:42

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Bizarrely I also recommend Gumtree.  You tend to find a slightly different type of pupil on there, those who will be a little bit more forgiving with a new instructor...

p.s. Stay away from Red wink

#6 04-03-16 12:05:04

Hi i am thinking of becoming a driving instructor and have been researching some companies to do my training with. Im considering AA and sure pass. Has anyone ever used these and would you recommend them? Would you reccommend taking out a franchise or going on your own to start? I live in Fort William, Highlands, Scotland

#7 06-03-16 20:15:49

Cinnamonsal

I think you need to post this as a new question in the forum, I don't think you'll get any answers on this thread

Board footer