You are not logged in.

#1 19-01-16 13:30:23

msajuma

WANT TO GET TRAINED AS A DRIVING INSTRUCTOR

Hi all

Am from Leicester and want to train as an Instructor. Have done my research and most promising on I would consider is LDC or Smart driving.  Any reviews please. Also not sure if I should go independent and find a trainer myself.

Thank you much appreciated.

19-01-16 13:30:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: WANT TO GET TRAINED AS A DRIVING INSTRUCTOR

#2 21-01-16 14:24:28

Joe24
Verified Member

Personally I paid the money and went with a large driving school..... In hindsight there are cheaper ways and I would do it differently knowing what I now know.

You don't need to spend hundreds on parts1 and 2. You can if you want but you don't need to. Part 3 on the other hand is worth spending some cash on. I'd be looking for a good local trainer who is well known in your area and also known to be good at what they do.. Ask around and do your research. Lots set out on this path, pay out large sums of cash and don't end up making it or decide it's not for them.
Also do the maths. You charge £25 per hour...... Sounds good doesn't it?? Don't get mixed up with turnover and profit!!!
Who pays for that shiny new car fitted with dual controls?
Who fuels your car?
Who pays for the insurance/red tax?
Who pays the tax man?
Who pays for new tyres?
Who pays for the regular servicing?
Who pays for your rental car when yours breaks down?
Who pays for your time in between lessons?

That doesn't cover everything and your franchise (that's gonna cost you too) may cover some of these bills but the fact is there is a lot to pay out.... It took me a few years to actually start earning money!!

So do your research. All negative?? NO. I love this job and it's paid my bills and funded a good few holidays over the years. If you work hard, build up a good client base and have a basic business sense it can work. Just be certain before you start waving the notes about and remember nothing is guaranteed no matter how much cash you have.

#3 27-01-16 15:59:05

msajuma

I have found someone independent. Also looked at LDC and smart driving.  Now just need to decide what to do. I have looked into it and yeah do feel that its definetely for me

Board footer