You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 04-06-15 17:42:26

LionKing

Passed my thoery test

48 theory part and 55 hazard part.

4 clips I scored 5, 5 clips I scored 4, 2 clips I scored 3, one clip I scored 2 and on the double I scored 7

I am kind of disappointed at my hazard since I was doing 65ish on new clips from different DVDs but oh well

Theory part was just easy apart from two questions. On the motorway you see a vehicle with red and orange lights what is it (I pick highways vehicle) and something about ESC and skidding.

Hazard test was quite funny in places since 5 of the clips had the same fire engine as the thing, 1 had a empty road with a police car on it and one of them was from the example package (https://youtu.be/iwsj3JPUIOU?t=6m16s) but moved 10 seconds ahead.

Most importantly I am keeping my pass piece of paper in safe place

04-06-15 17:42:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed my thoery test

#2 05-06-15 16:22:35

VandADI
Administrator

Well done on passing your theory test! onwards and upwards for the driving test now smile

FYI don't worry about the result of the hazard perception test.  The DVDs that are available for practicing give you a rough idea of where the 5 second scoring window is, hence why you felt you didn't do as well as when you were practicing.

Also you don't need to produce your theory certificate when taking the driving test, although you do need the certificate number to book a test.  Even then, if you do misplace the certificate, you can find that information online using the link https://www.gov.uk/find-lost-theory-tes … ate-number.

Good luck with the driving test, let us know how you get on smile

#3 06-06-15 19:16:21

LionKing

Oh, I looked on the theory certificate and it says that you do. It is next to my passport so the chances of me losing it is slim to none. it also says that I need to take my counter part but that is going away in a few days to what I remember.

The main reason I wanted a high score was mainly to beat my little sister (she got 47 59) but at the end of the day I got 11 point over the pass mark.

Hey I will update now and again

#4 06-06-15 19:53:10

Triplea35
Verified Member

Just read this thread, well done Lion King and good luck working towards the practical test.

Vanda, not sure how recent the change was but when a candidate now books a practical test they are no longer asked for the Theory Certificate Number (I just tried it to confirm)

Instructions on the Theory Certificate and on the practical test booking confirmation state to take the Theory Certificate to test. I tell pupils not to lose sleep over it if they can't find it but I would not actively discourage a pupil from taking it along with them. A couple of years ago I did have a pupil who was asked for the certificate, and as he had it with him there was no problem.

#5 06-06-15 22:07:30

Evan
Administrator

Well done on passing your theory, but do yourself a favour and keep studying and absorbing it even though you have passed.
The whole point of the test (other than generating money), is to strengthen your knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to using the roads effectively and safely.
Too many see the theory as the key to booking their practical test not an enhancement to practical driving.

Board footer