You are not logged in.

#1 26-05-15 10:55:40

Silly

Side lights in day time

Hi, I and my sister are learning to drive. My sister has been told by her instructor it is legal requirement to use sidelights in the day time, I have searched Google for so long and see no law regarding this. I did see that most new cars are fitted with lights which turn on automatically when engine turns on, but I wanted to know for sure if it is law. I used to drive with instructor, but last 18 months have just been driving with brother and have my test on FRIDAY. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

26-05-15 10:55:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Side lights in day time

#2 26-05-15 11:49:58

Triplea35
Verified Member

Haven't a great deal of time to answer this in length but can assure you there is NO legal requirement to use sidelights during daytime, good visibility. You are advised to use dipped headlights if visibility is poor.

#3 26-05-15 12:09:52

MGM
Verified Member

I agree with Triplea35, except that using dipped headlights in poor visibility isn't just advice, it's a legal requirement.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 26-05-15 14:08:43

kaf
Verified Member
Website

As stated, there  is NO requirement to use sidelights in daylight.

The lights you see onmsomemcars are Daytime running lights (DRL's). They are a legal requirement for new models of cars that first came into the market from 2012 onwards. They are automatic and not to be confused with normal sidelights.

#5 29-05-15 14:43:36

Silly

Tank you for your answers, I thought she was wrong, and I found out it was not her instructior who told her this. AS a side note, I PASSED MY TEST TODAY!!!!!!!!! \o/

#6 29-05-15 20:40:18

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Brilliant, very well done. Drive safely.

Board footer