You are not logged in.

#126 04-08-07 20:40:56

Flossie
Verified Member

Re: Vauxhall Corsa.

Yes I have this model.  I also cannot work out the radio.  I now turn down the volume to mute, especially important for tests!!  The petrol cap is automatically unlocked with the central locking, provided that you've pressed the key to open twice (all doors.)  I'm not happy about my clutch, it's very easy to stall.  Do you have this prob, or is it my car?

04-08-07 20:40:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#127 05-08-07 06:35:09

adi
Verified Member
Website

You can switch the radio off, i think you press 'sounds' or something like that and look for auto on? or ignition on? can't remember exactly. If that fails just call the local dealership, they will tell you how.

#128 05-08-07 07:34:41

dickdastardly
Verified Member

I have a 54 plate corsa, guess it's the same setting, try this:-

Press button 'settings'. Audio is displayed.
Press rocker switch 'down arrow', System is displayed.
Use rocker switch 'right arrow' to select 'Logic on/off'.
Use rocker switch 'up/dwn arrow' to activate or change the desired state.

Logic off means that the radio doesn't auto switch on every time, and Logic on means that it does.

After setting wait 6 seconds for the display to return to normal.

I hope this works and is reasonably clear, I took the info from my cars manual.

#129 05-08-07 15:45:09

L33d5.dr
Verified Member

Hi thanks for the replies,
    I never thought you would have to press the remote twice,thanks for that flossie.I won't have to crowbar the flap open anymore.My pupils complain it stalls very easy but my Clio is a diesel so it's fairly hard to stall but they have definitely learnt the difference between the two.The gas pedal is a lot more sensetive as well so there has been no problems getting them up to speed  yikes.They all like the bigger door mirrors and the interior one looks like it has come off a wardrobe,it's massive.The only thing I don't like are the seats.It feels like someone behind has got their knees stuck in my back and my ar$e feels like its being dragged along the road,I feel every little bump.
     Thanks dickdastardly that's cured the radio problem,just follow the instructions flossie and the radio won't come on anymore.
Thanks again.

#130 06-08-07 15:21:14

Flossie
Verified Member

I totally agree about the seats, feels like someone's kneeing you in the back!!  Thought I'd never get use to it but I don't even notice it now.  I think I've tried that radio thing but then it stays off all the time and I had to keep switching it on.

#131 31-08-07 14:13:04

russguilfoyle
Verified Member

not sure if i am in the right board but here goes.....i am thinking of buying a 05 corsa cdti 1.3 and was wondering if anyone knew of any problems to look out for. it has 40,000 miles on clock and was owned by another driving instructor, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#132 31-08-07 15:20:35

LinWebb
Verified Member

Ive not had a corsa, so no real specific thoughts...... but..... that seems extremely low mileage for a driving school car of more than 2 years old Russell!!!

#133 31-08-07 17:54:42

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

just had my 04 plate cdti written off here are the problems i had
1. cam timing chain  slipped
2. steering motor replaced
3. alternator vauxhall wanted £590
plus lots of other bits and bobs

worth saying all the above went just out of warranty but vauxhall did pay most 0f the repair bill for the cam timing chain

my car had done 103000 mile when the drunk hit it

hope this helps

#134 08-09-07 13:41:51

adi
Verified Member
Website

the cdti in question will most likely be a 70bhp engine. i suggest you try it out on a test drive before you consider it for a driving school car. I have had 7 corsas upto now and i had this model for a short while last year and i have never known a vehicle so easily stall. maybe it was just my vehicle but i have heard the same from others. Try before you buy.

#135 08-09-07 13:45:42

russguilfoyle
Verified Member

will definatly give it a thorough test drive,will also check out the electrics and air-con. will now sit back with a beer in the garden, watch the match and give it some serious thought. smile

#136 17-09-07 16:04:03

WDT

We use Corsa 1.3CDTi. Absolutely fantastic little cars, never a problem. One I use now has 108,000 on the clock but drives like a brand new car still. My secret? I don't let vauxhal dealers near it! All the servicing is done by me and the oil is changed every month (4000 miles).

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#137 28-09-07 19:11:34

george
Verified Member
Website

We use Corsa 1.3CDTi. Absolutely fantastic little cars, never a problem. One I use now has 108,000 on the clock but drives like a brand new car still. My secret? I don't let vauxhal dealers near it! All the servicing is done by me and the oil is changed every month (4000 miles).

WDT, I just duno where you find the time? A full diary doing 1000 miles a week and you do your own servicing! Charging £28 per hour I would have thought you could afford to pay someone to drop the oil!

Paul Shackleton DSA ADI.-----DSA Fleet, Diamond Advanced, NVQ L3 In driver Training & Assessment, A1 & Ordit

#138 01-10-07 22:43:35

WDT

Why pay some garage to mess it up, when I know exactly what I am doing? I buy genuine Vauxhall oil in bulk, so it costs me £24 for 4x 5litres using vauxhall's Trade club card, which works out at about £10 per oil change including genuine filter and sump o-ring. Takes me about 15 minutes. Would be quicker, but the 1.3CDTi corsa has a heat shield on the oil filter housing.

I don't think £28 per hour is high. I am without question the best instructor in my region, so I charge accordingly. 1st january it goes up to £30 per hour.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#139 03-10-07 21:41:57

kaf
Verified Member
Website

I am without question the best instructor in my region,

And modest with it.   big_smile

#140 04-10-07 11:50:36

la.monikita
Verified Member

has anyone found an easy way to change the headlight bulbs? :x just lost over £100 as i was not able to.

going to get the service peeps to show me how  roll i'll put the timer on :evil:

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#141 04-10-07 16:15:21

Karenadi
Verified Member

yikes yikes

I just keep hoping!  I mean to ask then I forget.  Not even got any spares yet. 

I had a look, and reckon half the engine needs to come out!

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#142 10-10-07 16:35:43

WDT

has anyone found an easy way to change the headlight bulbs? :x just lost over £100 as i was not able to.

going to get the service peeps to show me how  roll i'll put the timer on :evil:

Are we talking Corsa C or Corsa D?

#143 10-10-07 16:54:15

Karenadi
Verified Member

I'm on the Corsa D

#144 16-11-07 19:17:54

spikeyperch

I took delivery of my new Corsa today, Vauxhalls got it definitely right with this new model. Well made, solid bit of technology. Lovely big car drive in a small nicely appointed teaching car. Only comment to the contrary is the glove compartment a little small for docs etc. The drive and handling is excellent and the good safe feeling is nice as well.

If you do get one can't see you being disappointed. Ev

#145 16-11-07 20:02:32

Karenadi
Verified Member

Put your gloves in the glove box: like it says!

#146 16-11-07 20:09:36

russguilfoyle
Verified Member

only if you have small hands, it is a tiny space sad

#147 16-11-07 20:14:42

spikeyperch

I wish I had small hands, I would not feel so deprived when I go to the toilet then big_smile. Ev lol

(now there's a post for moderating  :evil: )  big_smile

:afro: bet this guy doesn't worry about small hands big_smile

#148 16-11-07 20:18:06

spikeyperch

Hey Nigel black is a good colour when its clean, if you get bored YOU can come and wash it for me. Ev big_smile

#149 16-11-07 20:19:48

hector
Verified Member
Website

Very nice but shame about the dashboard big_smile

I would go for battleship grey-Lovely colour - avoid black though cant see em in the dark

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#150 16-11-07 20:39:17

russguilfoyle
Verified Member

i had a silver one, great for not showing the dirt smile

Board footer