You are not logged in.

#51 21-06-06 18:07:02

evan

Re: Vauxhall Corsa.

My association with corsa's is coming to an end at the end of August. Never to be started again.

My car has been off the road since Saturday, I'm 23 hours down in pay because of it, and I'm definitely not having another one. The aftersales service at the Vauxhall garage has been diabolical. They had the car in for two days before they even looked at it. If they had told me that it was going to be off the road for this long I would have had a replacement on Tuesday and only lost 1 days work.

So it's Japanese now, the guy at the leasing company is furious with the Vauxhall garage as well. Ev

21-06-06 18:07:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#52 21-06-06 18:13:14

posh
Verified Member

japanese is good ,ive had a nissan for 3 and a half years, its never let me down once.

#53 21-06-06 18:17:31

evan

Well posh I think I am about to join you, this week has turned into a fiasco from hell. I feel like someone has robbed me. It's only lucky that some of my pupils that have been inconvenienced know me quite well. I have had to cancel two lessons for one pupil. Not amusing.

So it's reliability I'm after, even if it means paying a little more. Because this car has cost me dearly this week. Ev

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#54 21-06-06 18:58:02

johnp
Verified Member

I thought Nissan was French. Renault.
I know they call it a merger, but I think it was more of a take over.
Nissan use some Renault parts and their vans are the same just badged differently along with Vauxhall. Nothing to choose between them.

I have always had Jap and insisted on a proper hydraulic P steering, room for a proper wheel and a TC gearbox. Essentials to me.   Suzuki or Toyota or Daihatsu.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#55 21-06-06 19:15:47

posh
Verified Member

makes no difference to me, not being a car person but its been reliable thats all that counts.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#56 21-06-06 19:44:07

evan

I thought Nissan was French. Renault.
I know they call it a merger, but I think it was more of a take over.
Nissan use some Renault parts and their vans are the same just badged differently along with Vauxhall. Nothing to choose between them.

I have always had Jap and insisted on a proper hydraulic P steering, room for a proper wheel and a TC gearbox. Essentials to me.   Suzuki or Toyota or Daihatsu.

That explains all the Japanese men with beret's and striped shirts, selling onions by the Eiffel Tower John. ha ha Ev

#57 21-06-06 19:50:15

msdarcy721

LOL big_smile

ooh la la :afro:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#58 21-06-06 20:50:59

la.monikita
Verified Member

Need to make friends with a mechanic: I met mine when I taught his wife to drive: service manager.  Get all my jobs done on my drive when I'm not working.  Emergency repairs: he brings all possible parts according to my description of problem: fixed same day.  He is a brilliant mechanic and very good friend now. Doesn't necessarily use genuine parts, but knows all the contacts to get them at the right price.

If you need expensive parts, put out an internet search: loads of tatters yards etc will contact you telling you they've got your bit, and the price they'll sell it you for, including next day courier: and they guarantee it.  Never had a problem with getting parts this way for any of our cars: a fraction of the dealer prices too.

Karen, can i make friends with your mechanic too lol lol lol

ev, i can bet i know what car you'll be getting! wink

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#59 21-06-06 21:22:03

evan

Toyota Yaris diesel. Sat in one last night but also fancied another Toyota, but can't remember the name of it. Ev

#60 21-06-06 21:34:37

blindspot

If you are buying a Toyota Yaris be very careful about where it was made.

The Japanese sourced ones are very relaible.

The French sourced ones have dropped right off the reliability lists with the same sort of problems that most French vehicles seem to have these days.

B

#61 21-06-06 21:40:35

johnp
Verified Member

I have just posted the same message in the Car section.
The build quality of my Jap is superb. The French one is a bit iffy although they are both totally reliable.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#62 21-06-06 21:43:26

evan

Thanks for that bspot and johnp, I have a couple of months to decide. But I must say I was impressed with the spec on the cars I looked at. I didn't realize the French had a hand in their construction. I'm glad I mentioned it now. Thanks again. Ev

#63 21-06-06 21:45:56

Karenadi

Last (and only problem with this car) I had was gear linkage: took it to garage at 3 pm ('cos was still under warranty - and mechanic might be good, but not that good): they took it in straight away, and kept the mechanic on late and I had it back at 7 that night.  I reckon that was service to be reckoned with from our local Vauxhall dealer.

#64 21-06-06 21:49:33

evan

Wish I could say the same Karen. Looks like I have drawn a short straw with the local dealership. Ev

#65 21-06-06 21:54:32

bandb666
Verified Member

I just got rid of Nissan Micra (new shape 04) because of damn thing keep breaking down  :x Most of it was french - electrics, engine etc... steering motor went on that once & spent whole day being replaced & mechanic even admitted they werent up to job as regular reversing etc.. over heats motor !!!! it was on it's way out again when I got rid off it   roll

Toyota seem to be the reliable ones at minute, bit of info for anyone buying one - 5 Door Yaris is built in Japan & 3 Door Yaris is built in France !!!

32228867b788f001d0578227977f51516cfb185f8a8b5a90a373e985.jpg

#66 21-06-06 21:56:02

evan

Good news then It's the five door I'm after. Hope may be restored. Cheers for that. Ev

#67 22-06-06 22:01:00

Michael (in Croydon)
Verified Member

had a big scare yesterday
Just about to finish double lesson, when the oil warning light comes on. 'Oh Poo'.
Not able to see oil warning light form instructor seat.
straight in to the gas station to buy a litre of oil, checked oil (engine hot) 'Oh no' the oil level is OK.   'Oh Poo' again.   it may be the oil pump about to pack up?
no choice but to drive pupil home.
notice the oil light only comes on at idle. probable low pressure.
so just keep the rev up a little when idling.
Today took car to my mechanic. I'm lucky to have a good honest mechanic that I've used for years (taught his wife to drive 17 years ago and he's look after me ever since)
the problem was the oil switch. Not the pump, thank god.
which he changed and only charged me £10 supply and fit, back on the road within the hour.
I'm so glade his wife pass first time!

You can tell a horse to drink a thousand times, but all you really need to do is help him realise he’s thirsty. (Coaching)"

#68 22-06-06 22:07:19

Karenadi

You're same as me then Michael: that's how I met my mechanic.  My oil switch went a few weeks back too, but my oil was piddling out onto the drive, but the level when I checked it wasn't going down.  That's how I noticed.

#69 22-06-06 22:20:06

Michael (in Croydon)
Verified Member

My mechanic said that he,s done a several oil switches on corsa's, so its a weak spot
the car has also had a new gear linkage when it was new.
I love the car
It make's a good school car

You can tell a horse to drink a thousand times, but all you really need to do is help him realise he’s thirsty. (Coaching)"

#70 22-06-06 22:39:21

Karenadi

Mine had a gear linkage too: but that was warranty.  So easy to drive: not so sure about the new one though: and I need a new one soon, but think I'll have one of the end of current shape: let someone else try the new ones out first.

#71 25-06-06 11:45:21

corsa
Verified Member
Website

i use the corsa 1.2 twinport can t fault it really lovely car to teach in

if in doubt don t pull out
www.cartuition.co.uk

#72 25-06-06 16:47:04

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

now had the altenator pack up car just out of warranty vuaxhall dealer only wanted £523 to replace it i asked is it made from gold they said if you don,t like go else where which i did and got it replaced at an indie dealer for £130 will not go near the main dealer again

#73 25-06-06 18:44:13

evan

Well that makes two of us Alan. Ev

#74 25-06-06 19:03:22

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

did they have to pick you up from the floor with the quote for  the job Evan

#75 25-06-06 19:09:03

evan

Mine is leased Alan, but they kept telling me it would be ready by the end of the day. I subsequently lost 3 days work due to it. I'm down by about £500 this week, I'm not pleased at all. I could have had a replacement car the same day if they hadn't of misled me. Not at all happy with the after sales, in my local dealership. Plus the fact I had 3 tests this week, I had to borrow a car from a local indie for one of them, not a pleasant situation to be in. Ev

Board footer