You are not logged in.

#1 28-07-05 13:07:20

PLYMOUTH77

Vauxhall Corsa.

I have been offered one of the above models (brand new) for a really good price. Its the top of the range model with all the gimics and metallic paint etc. Test driving it tomorrow. Just wonder if anybody had heard anything about this model. A few people told me to stay away from vauxhalls - any truth?

28-07-05 13:07:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Vauxhall Corsa.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-07-05 14:46:00

call harry
Verified Member
Website

I use one - it's great!

#3 28-07-05 17:41:32

la.monikita
Verified Member

same as above, what's a really good price?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#4 28-07-05 18:11:35

PLYMOUTH77

ITS THE SXi model. on the road price with all its bits and bobs is recommended at £12680. I have been offered one, with dual controls fitted for £9195 (as long as i pay cash). Its 4 months old but only done 14 miles. Been sat around for a while. SO the warinty etc has 4 months less but it is still brand new.

#5 28-07-05 18:37:56

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

i have a i.3 cdti design and agree with all the above the only probs i have in the last year are the normal corsa problems i.e. handbrake and steering motor overheating until i sorted it out my self, i am happy with my corsa done 32000 in 13 months

#6 28-07-05 19:56:49

Ozzie

I have the 1.3 Design, I paid £7800 for mine in Nov.03, we recently bought another for £8500, so there are large savings about. Mines done 67,000 miles and is on its 3rd clutch and second alternator, apart from that its fine.

The handbrakes are fine if you secure the car with the footbrake first.

We have 6 Corsa 1.3 diesels and 3 of them have had alternator problems around 40k, the others aren't that old. Anyone else with alternator problems?

Oz

#7 28-07-05 21:02:10

Badger

Strange how these problems are specific to certain models.

I would have thought that the same alternator was fitted to all models ?

badger

#8 28-07-05 22:56:22

johnabacus
Verified Member
Website

Had my Corsa 1.3 CDTi Design for just over a year.Overall preferred my previous petrol version.

Had to have power steering unit replaced as it kept cutting out. Does 44mpg on average. Useless h/brake. Very easy to stall unless plenty of gas used.

John

#9 29-07-05 06:53:24

Ozzie

44mpg ?

I still get over 50mpg on everyday lessons, 450 miles from a tank is not unusual, and did get 500 miles from a tank once, but it did involve motorway miles.

Oz

#10 09-09-05 17:38:35

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Im seriously considering the cdti 1.3 at the min.
As im new to the industry and this will be my 1st car, I have some questions...
What are the easytronic gears, and are these acceptable for the driving test, also the electronic handbrake, is this acceptable?

#11 09-09-05 17:43:21

LeanneADI
Verified Member

Hmmn just got to 40k no alternator problems.  Hope i'll get away with it.

Been to the garage quite a bit recently with my corsa (51 plate)about the power steering.  It gets tough every now and again.  Something to do with the motor overheating from manoeuvres.

Been told several things to do including having a computer upgrade on it.  Which i think is absolute cr*p.

Also to replace the motor with a more up to date one (500 quid approx).

So check this as they are selling them knowing full well there is a problem with the power steering. 

Apart from that you can drive around the block a few times and the steering loosens again.

Leanne

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 09-09-05 18:35:44

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi JohnnyG

What are the easytronic gears, and are these acceptable for the driving test, also the electronic handbrake

Rules may be different in NI but I don't think so.

Easytronic sounds like clutchless gearbox with independent gear selection.
This counts as an Automatic in UK and thus a restricted licence (Auto Only) is issued.
Electonic handbrakes are permitted only if they can be operated like a normal mechanical H/B ie the car will roll back if the H/B is released too early, before the car has been set up to move, properly. also if the candidate tries to move off without releasing it, it mustn't release itself to prevent stalling or driving with it on.

#13 12-09-05 17:23:11

Rob
Verified Member
Website

Currently in the process of setting up on my own. NO WAY am i buying a Corsa the dealer took me out on a test drive and i told him my planned route and 8 minutes in he said we had to go back as they were only allowing 10 minute test drives. this ruled out any vauxhall straight away. I am not buying a car that i can't test properly and if there sales was this bad i dread to think what aftersales would be like.

They have lost my custom, my recommendations to family and friends, pupils custom, pupils recommended custom the list goes on.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 12-09-05 21:14:37

Ozzie

Rob wrote:

Currently in the process of setting up on my own. NO WAY am i buying a Corsa the dealer took me out on a test drive and i told him my planned route and 8 minutes in he said we had to go back as they were only allowing 10 minute test drives. this ruled out any vauxhall straight away. I am not buying a car that i can't test properly and if there sales was this bad i dread to think what aftersales would be like.

They have lost my custom, my recommendations to family and friends, pupils custom, pupils recommended custom the list goes on.

At least you got a test drive, try getting a test drive in a Mini D, or a Mitsubishi Colt D, its like trying to find rocking horse teeth.

Oz

#15 12-09-05 22:38:56

Badger

I would dump the dealer rather than the car.

Try another dealer and tell him what happened.

I was offered an Astra for a whole weekend when I was thinking about buying one. 

Covered over 200 miles in it.

Badger

#16 12-09-05 23:12:25

Anonymous

The problem with the overheating steering motor has been around for some years.  If you buy brand new you can request an Astra variant which doesn't have this problem.

My Corsa has done 80,000 and had three steering racks fitted.  Now it's fine.  Still on original clutch and no sign of wear.

Trust me to speak too soon!

Wessex.

#17 13-09-05 05:56:54

Rob
Verified Member
Website

#18 13-09-05 06:01:32

Rob
Verified Member
Website

Good point about dumping the dealer but the time i had never impressed me anyway. I had a Corsa a few years ago and never liked it. I wanted a full test drive to see if things had changed.

#19 15-09-05 15:26:32

KD88
Verified Member

I do a fair few miles as I live a little way from my patch, and I am due a new car. Has anyone used both a 1.2 petrol and 1.3CDI Corsa so they could give comparisons on MPG, performance, ease of use etc.         Thanks in advance.

#20 15-09-05 15:50:16

BUAPAITY
Verified Member

Don't know exact MPG but the diesel is costing me about £50 less a month. Performance is much better- can easily accelerate uphill, change into 5th and still increase speed, which the petrol would not do.
Only problem is that you need to change down earlier approaching turns/hazards as it wants to stall at about 800rpm. Approach speeds need to be a bit slower and smoother for the same reason.
Overall I much prefer it and all pupils think same

#21 15-09-05 19:30:49

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

i have  a 1.3 cdti and agree with what is said above i,m getting around 55 to 60 mpg

#22 15-09-05 20:11:07

luchell

I've been thinking about 1.3 cdti but due to having to pay 10.50 plus vat for a diesel from bsm if i'm only going to save 50 quid I'll give it a miss as I'll end up spending that :cry:

I like my petrol, this one is drinking a lot less petrol than my old one, still wish I had a diesel though I just like them better overall lol

#23 15-09-05 23:49:51

BUAPAITY
Verified Member

luchell, I am bsm also said I save £50 a month but I now do more miles as i have moved since i had petrol. Used to get 340 miles on a tank tops now get 400+ every tank

#24 16-09-05 08:05:29

luchell

Oh dear. I get that if I'm driving perhaps. With pupils the old car did 170 to a tank!!!!!! This one slightly better at about 240 :?

#25 22-03-06 14:23:20

confused
Verified Member
Website

First to post in this area. Whey me!

As some are aware of handlegate, how my door handle broke and then Evans Halshaw in Milton Keynes said it was fixed and it was still hanging off. They serviced the car at the same time, after all that was what it was there for. Now when pups panic and stall it, it won't restart. Today it left me in the middle of a xroads, out pushing the car again. Is there a fuel cut off? It seems if they brake hard(ish) and stall it then it won't start unless the car moves, pushing. Not amused at all, bl**dy vauxhall!

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

Board footer