You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 02-09-14 18:26:24

johnp
Verified Member

DSA Test Centres Merging with VOSA

Last evening our Local Association had a meeting with Ray Colesby who is DVSA Test Centre Manager for areas South of Birmingham.

It was a very interesting meeting and Ray was really open and took the many concerns back with him to the DVSA.
The pan is to merge the DSA Test Centres with the VOSA Test Centres.
As it is essential for a large space it is obvious that the DSA must be taken over by VOSA rather than the other way round.

The work of VOSA is now being done at the operators so there is no need for the sites for vehicle testing.
The testing of LGV drivers is only being done on Thursday and Friday following their 3 day course of intensive training.

The plan in these areas is to close the car test centres, to only test motorcycles on Saturday and Sunday, to segregate the area for cars  for Mon- Friday testing.

Under their rules of operation, a densly populated area such as Bournemouth should have a test centre every 7 miles, a     
moderately populated area such as Poole should have one every 20 miles and a sparsely populated area every 30 miles.

Many of the West of the Poole-B/m conurbation go to Dorchester so the largest area come to B/m from the East of B/m and Christchurch, New Milton etc.

The move will be a lot longer for candidates to travel to because of the extreme density of traffic on the Ringwood Road. Adding a minimum of 20 min each way for practice and testing to the already long journey.

Satellite Test Centres in Halfords can only be used in low demand areas or a Change of Use under Planning Laws would be needed.

To me I think the main change would be in the 7 mile catchment area, but as the new centre is only 6.8 miles away it would not require a Formal Consultation which it would if over 7 miles.

If the centre moves to Poole I cannot see how the 7 mile radius can be upheld.

I rarely use this centre, but attended the meeting as I was most interested in the official approach.
I expect it will go ahead on financial grounds, but there is much against its relocation on a busy industrial estate.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

02-09-14 18:26:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: DSA Test Centres Merging with VOSA

Board footer