You are not logged in.

#26 25-08-14 20:44:47

AUTAX
Verified Member

Re: Moving off from a stationary

Perhaps they haven't had it brought home to them the problem they have with left foot braking.

Resting the left foot on the brake keeps the brake lights lit. it only needs the slightest pressure.

I've never had one American student disagree. They all switched to using the right foot only.

Didn't realise you taught in an automatic kaf.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

25-08-14 20:44:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 25-08-14 20:51:25

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Who said anything about resting left foot on brake?
I don't rest my left foot on clutch, why would I rest it on the brake?

Been driving auto for ten years, don't have to teach in one to know a bit about them.

#28 25-08-14 21:28:19

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Oops! I deleted the 2nd post, it's bad enough it being a long one without doing it twice.

I stopped watching TV on a daily basis when my old tube set packed it in a couple of years ago, so I didn't get to watch the GP.
I might watch TV every now & then using my data projector which gives a reasonable image, but because I do a lot of classroom training the projector is always packed away ready to go out, and I can't be bothered to drag it out & set it up for a bit of TV watching.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#29 26-08-14 09:23:06

AUTAX
Verified Member

Well you missed a good race apart from the Hamilton/Rosberg incident.

Danny certainly has one of the most infectious smiles I've seen in a long time.

If his racing career ever goes pear shaped he can make a fortune advertising toothpaste.
His teeth dazzle.  smile

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#30 01-09-14 12:24:05

quachhao

Hi all,

I have taken the test today and I have passed. Many thanks for your advice here - it is all very helpful for me. The examiner asked me to stop on the left very often and I did follow the procedure suggested by Autax and it did help me a lot. I have to say that taking the practical test in the UK is really tough as we don;t know what should happen on the roads. From my experience, it is really nice to analyze all possible scenarios at difficult junctions, although it looks to be theoretical, but it does help for nervous test takers to build confidence facing them.

Many thanks again.
QH

#31 01-09-14 13:32:50

richie1966
Verified Member

CONGRATULATIONS to you quachhao for passing your test...........well done smile  cool

Board footer