You are not logged in.

#1 08-08-14 07:16:47

AUTAX
Verified Member

I have noticed that when I log on in the morning the only new post indicators that show are those posted today.
Those posted yesterday and beyond that I have not yet read do not show.

Without trawling the Profile section, have I to set a preference or is this a problem found by other users?

Also, the post I made about going to specific pages hasn't been resolved.
Is this problem unique to me because I have a mac or do others suffer the same problem?

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

08-08-14 07:16:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New Posts indicator

#2 08-08-14 08:18:21

(ROG)
Verified Member

New posts since last visit are shown I believe so you should get all new posts from the last time you either logged off or marked all posts as read

I could be wrong ......

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#3 08-08-14 19:33:51

VandADI
Administrator

I will get my tech guy to check these issues out.  smile

#4 17-08-14 07:13:59

AUTAX
Verified Member

Still not fixed. Any updates Vanda?

Same with clicking on a page number.
Can't that be fixed either or is it just my computer?

#5 17-08-14 09:21:20

VandADI
Administrator

I have a meeting with the tech guy today, will raise the issue again with him.  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 17-08-14 19:30:41

VandADI
Administrator

AUTAX wrote:

Still not fixed. Any updates Vanda?

Same with clicking on a page number.
Can't that be fixed either or is it just my computer?

The page numbers has been fixed.
Haven't been able to work out exactly the problem with the "new posts" since last visit.
Are you logging out of all devices used?

#7 17-08-14 20:01:24

AUTAX
Verified Member

Well, the phone browser remembers me, the tablet remembers me.
I'll try logging out of both to see if that helps but I thought the cookies would detect when the post is read.

I'll look to see if the cookies are allowed.

#8 22-08-14 10:43:52

AUTAX
Verified Member

No Joy. Is it just me that is experiencing this?
Must be as no one else seems to be bothered.  sad

#9 22-08-14 12:09:42

Roadmaster
Verified Member

It's a bad signal in your area   big_smile

#10 22-08-14 13:53:52

VandADI
Administrator

I cannot seem to duplicate your error AUTAX.
I have been able to log out and when I log back in the new posts that have occurred since I last logged in are displaying, even from the day before.

#11 22-08-14 14:23:11

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Autax, is there a reason why you need to log out at the end of the session?

#12 22-08-14 16:22:59

AUTAX
Verified Member

No, I don't log out. I've ticked the "remember me" box so I don't have to go through the signing in process each time.

I wonder if it's because I have a Mac?

Anyway, not to worry, I can always check new posts from the dates in the updated topics box.

Thanks for replying RM, at least I know it's at my end and not global.

Thanks Vanda for solving the last page number problem.

Oh and my signal's fine RM. Running at around 14 Mbs on a good day.   smile

Board footer