You are not logged in.

#1 01-08-14 21:54:35

Gordonline
Verified Member

Passed Part 2 with 1 DF

Heard those words we all love "I'm pleased to say you've passed"

Having only 3 lessons to achieve success at Part 2, and only 1 DF, naturally I was really pleased with myself
I must stress that if you get a trainer who is super critical with your driving it will help you concentrate more and get you way above test standard, I only had 1 mock test last week and had 12 minors but it helped me be more on the ball today

Although I was fairly confident I could pass I was still really nervous and just for added pressure my examiner was also being assessed, there wasn't much dialogue today although I tried to chat about some of the bad driving by others that occurred to make my job harder

Whilst doing the independent drive I was surprised that she gave me advanced warning of how the roundabout splits the lane for going straight on, I didn't think that was the norm and fortunately I knew the road layout anyway as I use it on my way to work

It was nice to hear that she complimented my Eco driving as well.....Happy Days 

Now the fun starts with Part 3 cool

Gordon

The Glass is Always Half Full !!!!

01-08-14 21:54:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed Part 2 with 1 DF

#2 02-08-14 06:29:41

Evan
Administrator

"I must stress that if you get a trainer who is super critical with your driving it will help you concentrate more and get you way above test standard, I only had 1 mock test last week and had 12 minors but it helped me be more on the ball today"

Well done, and yes you are spot on about being critical, it does sharpen people up. Sadly you can't do that when you are teaching you must coat everything in icing sugar, only give positive feedback and never ever say that was not good enough.
Any sort of negative feedback is viewed with disdain, and horror, young folk cannot be pulled up for their mistakes and you must kindly remind them about a recurring fault, with patience, even after showing them again and again how to do things the right way. That is the way of the world now!

#3 02-08-14 06:57:38

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Well done on your pass.
Love Evans post!!!so true.
And if you slip from that beatific high position and do suggest that"it may not have been ok to pull out in front of that hgv";the look of shock on there happy shiny faces is a joy to behold!!!
Enjoy the rest of your training.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 02-08-14 08:29:00

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Totally agree with Evan as well.

Congratulations, Gordon (from Down Under)

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#5 02-08-14 12:28:03

Gordonline
Verified Member

Hi Evan

I agree with your advice and when the time comes I will use the Core Comps appropriately, obviously being an experienced driver I could handle my faults during my training, don't get me wrong my trainer explained each fault in a constructive manner and I wanted her to be super critical from the outset

Gordon

The Glass is Always Half Full !!!!

#6 02-08-14 16:52:18

Evan
Administrator

Oh no you have got me wrong, I am all for saying it as it is Gordon, your trainer did the best possible thing and put you on track for a good result.
Its a shame that L pupils can't take criticism, unless you lush them up and tell them how fantastic they are and how the world is blessed to have them in it, they won't like it.
Remember you will be dealing with people's "Little Prince and Princesses", who want you to help them gain a Pink Licence ASAP as easily for them as you possibly can. You might get a few that will take on board "accountability, responsibility", but they will not be in the majority!

Board footer