You are not logged in.

#1 20-06-14 13:24:36

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Farewell to my Yaris and hello to my....

Newer Yaris smile
Last lesson completed in my old yaris and swap over tomorrow to my newer version.
Its done 190000 +  miles and still goes canny but is showing its age now.
I will miss it as its been a fab training car but am sure the new one will be good as well(goes like stink).
Just had the new duals fitted and insured to teach from 10 tomorrow.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

20-06-14 13:24:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Farewell to my Yaris and hello to my....

#2 20-06-14 13:36:08

Triplea35
Verified Member

Shouldn't be having afternoons off and late starts. You've got to pay for it now! smile

#3 20-06-14 16:26:54

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
You are so right;and my 10 am has just been cancelled!!!!
The joys of an ADI roll
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#4 21-06-14 06:38:54

Phil123
Verified Member

I've ordered the new yaris hybrid automatic to use alongside my manual fiesta. Here's hoping it's good!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 21-06-14 09:30:19

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Should be good, Toyota hybrids have a good reputation.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#6 21-06-14 11:48:01

mon
Verified Member
Website

Teach in a Yaris 1.4 D Icon you will not be sorry, what a great car, pupils love it.Comfortable,spacious,nippy and no tax...with brill running costs the car is paying for itself compared to my last Corsa petrol.

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

#7 21-06-14 13:17:10

johnp
Verified Member

Enjoy it.

If I could justify getting another one for a couple of lessons a week I would do.
Little demand for manual except for assessments of older drivers.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#8 22-06-14 08:45:45

russchaplin2410
Verified Member
Website

190,000 miles is a massive amount of milage so it must be a good car if it's still running. I've had four Skoda Fabias in a row now but always change after 3 years. Which is just about 100,000 miles.

I'm Russ Chaplin. I teach driving in the Nottingham area. I am also a driving instructor trainer. visit me at driving lessons Nottingham

#9 23-06-14 22:12:01

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

My Yaris has just passed 120,000. I was kind of hoping my mechanic would say that lots of things will need replacing so I could justify a new one, but (un)fortunately everything's working fine!

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

#10 04-07-14 08:08:11

gabby_adi

why did you not consider a mini or a fiesta which are better cars overall for teaching in especially the mini it has more appeal

#11 04-07-14 10:51:53

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Why are they better for teaching in, apart from the appeal e.g. the Mini
(not a criticism of your post, your opinion is very important).

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
www.drivingnt.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 04-07-14 13:31:06

kaf
Verified Member
Website

gabby_adi wrote:

why did you not consider a mini or a fiesta which are better cars overall for teaching in especially the mini it has more appeal

Says who?

The Toyota has a far better reliability record, and time in the garage = income lost.

Mini has more appeal for whom?  Some don't want to learn in a car that small.

There is no "better car for teaching in" it is all down to what suits the individual and personal opinion.

#13 04-07-14 16:02:31

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

The amount of people that choose an instructor based on what car they drive is minimal.

Go for a car you trust and is reliable.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 04-07-14 16:37:39

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi

kaf wrote:

Mini has more appeal for whom?  Some don't want to learn in a car that small.

SMALL? Put it next to real Mini and it then you will see what small really is.. big_smile

Last edited by pegasus (04-07-14 16:39:10)

#15 04-07-14 16:42:48

johnp
Verified Member

The complaint I hear about the Mini is the small windows and feeling of claustrophobia.
Never driven a new one so don't know.

The seats in the Yaris can be adjusted to fit all sizes and the elevated height enables good vision.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#16 04-07-14 17:22:46

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
No view on the mini, not having driven one, but they are not 'mini' anymore.
Always taught in a Yaris, great cars.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#17 04-07-14 21:59:57

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I agree, the new Mini is not such a small car, and they are much more expensive down here.
I have never heard of a single complaint down here about the Yaris, and their reliability is legendary.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
www.drivingnt.com

#18 06-07-14 09:31:27

gabby_adi

how does the new fiesta compare against the mini would you still go for the yaris over the new fiesta?

my area i see lots and lots of adis teaching in the yaris - is there not a good alternative such as the fiesta or mini

#19 06-07-14 09:33:50

gabby_adi

Thats not true...there are a few adis here that have gone out and bought the new bmw 1 series and some have bought the new mercedes a class and these adis are full with pupils - the car does make a big difference - pupils are are more conscious of what car they drive and are seen learning in...times have changed from when pupils did not care what car they learnt in

christhedrummer wrote:

The amount of people that choose an instructor based on what car they drive is minimal.

#20 06-07-14 09:57:30

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi Gabby
Why are you bothered?
I like my Yaris',always have done,don't see any reason to look elsewhere smile
And I don't agree that the car makes much difference to most pupils choices. sad
"Which is your car?"....."er...the red one"!!!!!!! lol .
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#21 06-07-14 10:14:41

Roadmaster
Verified Member

gabby_adi wrote:

Thats not true...there are a few adis here that have gone out and bought the new bmw 1 series and some have bought the new mercedes a class and these adis are full with pupils - the car does make a big difference - pupils are are more conscious of what car they drive and are seen learning in...times have changed from when pupils did not care what car they learnt in

christhedrummer wrote:

Most of my pupils don't know what car they drive, and they aren't bothered.  It's the instructor who is important to them not the car.

#22 06-07-14 10:16:54

Roadmaster
Verified Member

gabby_adi wrote:

Most of my pupils don't know what car they drive, and they aren't bothered.  It's the instructor who is important to them not the car.  I can't remember being asked what car I have when someone phones for lessons.

#23 07-07-14 06:18:13

RobC
Verified Member
Website

gabby_adi wrote:

christhedrummer wrote:

I would say there are several factors for pupils deciding upon an ADI, Recommendation, Car, Price are how well you market your business are probably the main ones.
How an ADI perceives the attractiveness of their car depends upon which car he or she drives. I have had pupils from other instructors and they haven't known or cared what the car was but equally the Mini has been an attraction to pupils for me and Ive had three Minis. All my Minis have been reliable and I'm planning on getting another because my pupils like them. My current Mini was £21K new though, so a Yaris or cheaper car would probably be more cost effective but my choice of car is important to me because I spend 12 hours a day in the car.

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#24 07-07-14 18:19:53

gabby_adi

I agree the Mini is more appealing than a toyota yaris and a BIG attraction to pupils, how is it to teach in and do all the manuveurs?

what is anything would you say is bad about the car as an instructors car

RobC wrote:
gabby_adi wrote:

christhedrummer wrote:

I would say there are several factors for pupils deciding upon an ADI, Recommendation, Car, Price are how well you market your business are probably the main ones.
How an ADI perceives the attractiveness of their car depends upon which car he or she drives. I have had pupils from other instructors and they haven't known or cared what the car was but equally the Mini has been an attraction to pupils for me and Ive had three Minis. All my Minis have been reliable and I'm planning on getting another because my pupils like them. My current Mini was £21K new though, so a Yaris or cheaper car would probably be more cost effective but my choice of car is important to me because I spend 12 hours a day in the car.

#25 07-07-14 18:32:40

kaf
Verified Member
Website

If it was a BIG attraction to learners, we would all be buying them and anybody without would go,bust!

A proportion of learners will find them attractive as a learner vehicle. But how big a proportion is pure conjecture. There is no data.

It is purely a personal,opinion, not a FACT.

Board footer