You are not logged in.

#26 27-05-14 13:08:18

ger
Verified Member
Website

Re: Independant driving fail, opinions please

hi how much can we as adis comment on the result at the debrief i sat on a test and the pupil got a serious for observation when leaving a roundabout  this roundabout is on a dual carrage way it  as 3 lanes and  4 exits he was asked to take the 4 exit it is very close to the 3rd which is follow the dual  so when you  get to the 3rd you start to move to the middle lane  if you stay too tight you end up having to cross 2 lanes which he did  he checked his left door  mirror as the de looked over his left shoulder i thought he had passed but the de said he did not check the left door mirror i said he had but you looked over your shoulder as he checked de reply i dld not see him check what you seen does not count

ger

27-05-14 13:08:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 28-05-14 10:45:11

collywobs
Verified Member
Website

I had a female student on test this morning, on ID she was following road signs and drove into the wrong lane at traffic lights. The ID destination was ahead so she should have positioned in the left lane but she accidentally positioned her car in the right lane which was right turn only! She said to the Examiner " I've taken the wrong lane, sorry" The examiner replied "you do what you think is best" So, my student said " I'm going to turn right from here" Examiner replied "okay" The Examiner didn't mark any fault and my student passed with 5 unrelated minor driving faults.

Colin Kentish
Grade 6 DSA Approved Driving Instructor (car)
www.colinkentish.co.uk

Dream as if you'll live for ever
Live as if you'll die today

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#28 28-05-14 12:02:14

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

collywobs wrote:

I had a female student on test this morning, on ID she was following road signs and drove into the wrong lane at traffic lights. The ID destination was ahead so she should have positioned in the left lane but she accidentally positioned her car in the right lane which was right turn only! She said to the Examiner " I've taken the wrong lane, sorry" The examiner replied "you do what you think is best" So, my student said " I'm going to turn right from here" Examiner replied "okay" The Examiner didn't mark any fault and my student passed with 5 unrelated minor driving faults.

...and that is how it is supposed to work!  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#29 28-05-14 20:11:17

Triplea35
Verified Member

Lady-Hynarc wrote:
collywobs wrote:

...and that is how it is supposed to work!  smile

Don't disagree at all. I have had two pupils who continued in the NDP but the lane becomes a left only turn into a superstore, the examiner has said similar and they have turned left and the ex has got them to drive around the filling station and back out without recording a fault. Similarly had a pupil realising that she had indicated left too early on approach to a set of traffic lights where she was supposed to turn left so turned into a very small cul de sac which required a 7 point turn to get out off and didn't record a fault for it, although the examiner clearly  wasn't amused.

I just believe the OP's situation has a far greater risk associated with it. Over the last few days I have taken quite a few pupils on Indy driving at the roundabouts where we have with two exits on the left. On two occasions pupils indicated left on approach and I verbally intervened. Both later admitted they had signalled too early and had intended taking the second exit and in both cases there would have been serious consequences.

#30 28-05-14 20:57:39

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
As instructors,our job is to teach,instruct or coach our pupils and one of the most difficult parts,I used to find,is to say nowt'!
An examiners job(and training)is completely different.
They are supposed to be trained NOT to intervene before the pupil has made the fault;or is clearly going to.
In the original post it is certainly not certain that the candidate will commit any fault at all!
I had a pupil fail through the unneeded verbal comment(well meant) on where she wanted my pupil to go during the id part of the test.
She wasnt in the best lane for where she was going to go,but a legitimate move with at least 200 metres to get it right after the r/about.
My pupil changed lanes without a mirror change due to the exs comment and correctly got a serious.
Ex needs retraining.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Board footer