You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-05-14 13:19:50

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

PHONE SCAM WARNING

Just had a phone call from what sounded like an Indian call centre claiming to be from some broadband technical support, something smelt fishy immediatley but I played along for 15 minutes. My home number is ex directory and when asked where they got the number he gave me some nonsense about them being the main NAT technical support and having access to everyones number because I am slowing down the internet and causing big problems for everyone else big_smile

He wanted me to go to something like "t e a m b e a v e r.com" but instead I googled while talking to him and seems it  should be "t e a m w e a v e r.com".

Anyway played dumb and when he asked me to run the file I am supposed to have  downloaded I asked if he thought I was that stupid to download it and asked do many fall for this scam he he asked "You think we are crazy man?" then threatened to come and get me before hanging up.

Pity he didn't stay long enough I would have gave him the air fare to come over.

Be alert.

Last edited by CantThinkofaName (19-05-14 13:22:42)

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

19-05-14 13:19:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PHONE SCAM WARNING

#2 19-05-14 15:35:49

Gizmotime
Administrator

They are also doing the same scam in an email, so beware.

Giz

#3 23-05-14 12:48:00

m6northtoheaven
Verified Member

Funny you should mention that, i've been getting calls from an international number every other day but I refuse to answer it. I have no reason to receive calls from abroad. if its important they should leave a message, otherwise its a wasted call.

The inclanation of the optic is as adequate as a twitch of the cranium like a quadraped divoid of its visionary capacity!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 23-05-14 21:29:49

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

m6northtoheaven wrote:

... i've been getting calls from an international number every other day but I refuse to answer it. I have no reason to receive calls from abroad. if its important they should leave a message, otherwise its a wasted call.

And same for me too, down here in Oz

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer