You are not logged in.

#1 27-07-05 12:54:06

neilharbi

Just passed Part 3

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile
Hello. My name is Neil. I have been lurking here for a couple of months while I was training for Part 3. I passed this morning at Gedling (Nottingham) on my first attempt with 5/4. I got PST6 (pedestrian crossings & signals followed by reverse park).

I am on Cloud 9 and I expect to stay here for a few days at least. big_smile

I would like to pay tribute to my trainer, Dave Hartley of Dash Driving, who in my most humble opinion is the one of the best ADI trainers in the UK. I have no doubt that I would not be here now if it was not for Dave's support and training. His methods and his advice, which he has set out in this forum many times, are absolutely spot on. He is passionate about driving instruction and it shows in his teaching method. The result of my test this morning speaks for itself.

Part 3 requires a lot of hard work by every candidate. No trainer can wave a magic wand and give you a green badge, but a good trainer can  make all the difference.

I am looking forward to my new career as an ADI.

Regards to all.

27-07-05 12:54:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Just passed Part 3

#2 27-07-05 12:59:02

Morgan
Verified Member

Congratulations

How did you find the training...was it more difficult than you expected or not.

Must admit I have read quite a few of Dave's posts and your very lucky to have him up there, pitty he can't be in two places at once.  Don't think I have read anything from him that did not make perfect sence or disagreed with....crawling over with.

Whats your plans now (once your off the cloud) ??

#3 27-07-05 13:42:28

luchell

pity dave cant be in three places at once! lol  id like to borrow him to lol

congrats on your part three pass. im not surprised you conquered it first time with all your hard work and dave as your trainer. i have spoken to him on many occasions and sharon and totally love the advice i get from them. i feel like i have every chance at part three first go to (thanks to their good advice). like they say, " no reason why you shouldnt pass first go"

#4 27-07-05 13:51:24

VandADI
Administrator

CONGRATULATIONS  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#5 27-07-05 20:40:53

neilharbi

Morgan,

Thanks for your reply.

I did about 50 - 60 hours of Part 3 training before I was ready to take the test.

The most important thing to remember is to make sure that you pay particular attention to the core competencies. That is where most people pass or fail. See the fault, diagnose the cause of the problem accurately and put it right. Putting it right involves telling the SE what to do differently and ensuring that he/she does it properly next time.

Part 3 is really about your teaching ability and the work that is required in training would be different for each person. Being a quietly spoken person, my biggest challenge was to raise my voice and to communicate in a way that is directly to the point. Other candidates would have different issues.

The PSTs are not something to get too concerned about and neither are the briefings. If you get the teaching skills right, then it does not matter which PST the SE requires you to do. Remember that the highest mark that you can get for giving a good briefing is "satisfactory" so it does not have to be absolutely perfect.

All the above was covered during my training and got me through the test.

I am about to start work for a local driving school as a franchised instructor. I will provide and maintain my own car and I will pay a fairly low franchise fee. The driving school is called Accelerate.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Neil

#6 08-08-05 21:30:51

ercmi

I just came across your post, congratulations on such a grear pass. I never knew this forum existed until today, I am from the east yorkshire area and was fortunate enough to do my part 3 training with Dave Hartley of dashdriving.com . I would like to second your opinion of Dave's teaching, I had no chance at all after lots of hours of "tuition" from someone else, until I met Dave, then I passed with a good grade, (a while ago now) he just made it sort of easy really, and what a great time we had doing it too, it was a laugh a minute, but serious too. (hope that makes sense)
Good luck.

#7 12-08-05 19:21:59

holmestiesto

Big well done on passing part 3, u must still be very pleased with yourself after all that hard work ...... lol

#8 12-08-05 19:24:29

leslie
Verified Member
Website

Nice to be different   roll

Leslie

#9 13-08-05 20:05:20

holmestiesto

ah yes, likewise.

Board footer