You are not logged in.

#1 15-05-14 20:03:18

Evan
Administrator

Barely New Drivers

Do you honestly think the programme is indicative of "the average new driver"?

The programme I just watched showed some horrific mistakes by a couple of new drivers. However the girl agreed she needed a few more lessons, however the boy Jac, who after pulling out in front of a car on a roundabout, driving without lights, doing a TIR on yhe mouth of a junction leading onto a DC, decided he didn't need any extra lessons.

Came across as quite an arrogant twerp to be honest, whose parents seem to make excuses for his obvious lack if responsibility!

15-05-14 20:03:18

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Barely New Drivers

#2 15-05-14 20:08:29

AUTAX
Verified Member

TBH Evan, I turned off and watched some golf. I've seen these programmes before and there's nothing new.

They never feature the good ones though, just the twerps.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#3 15-05-14 20:10:04

Evan
Administrator

Thanks for that, because I don't get the impression the young people I teach have such a bad attitude towards driving, obviously can't say for sure!

#4 15-05-14 20:12:51

AUTAX
Verified Member

I have had a few pupils that look like the model types we all hope to turn out to find they were playing the waiting game. Waiting to do what they want when they have passed their test.

We do our best Evan and then the Devil takes over. Or their peers.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 15-05-14 20:51:07

johnp
Verified Member

I am not sure what JL thinks he will gain from being on such a programme.

I did not think much of the decisions made in the last series and don't think this will educate the watchers either.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#6 15-05-14 23:09:58

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

I half watched it, a mix of bad driving and lots of drinking....

I suppose it made good TV for non-instructors but I was cringing most of the way through, especially some of comments from the parents.

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

#7 16-05-14 05:27:46

Evan
Administrator

Yes the parents comments give you an insight into why the attitudes of the young people are so bad. I wondered whilst watching it what the parents opinions would have been if they had been driving and somebody else had driven like that around them, would they have been as forgiving and made excuses. The two drivers biggest problem stemmed from their attitudes, the most sensible comment was " forgotten what they have been taught!" Exactly what the problem is with most poor driving.

That guy Jac's arrogant attitude is exactly why accidents happen!

Board footer