You are not logged in.

#1 04-05-14 08:00:08

gabby_adi

Do you have a week by week lesson structor for new learners?

Do you have a week by week lesson structor for new learners that you follow from initial cockpitt drill and controls to move off stop that you follow week by week?

I need help in structuring my lessons for new learners so I teach in a logical order and get a solid foundation set in place, can any of the more experienced people on here help me

04-05-14 08:00:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Do you have a week by week lesson structor for new learners?

#2 04-05-14 08:14:56

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Depends on the pupil's needs rather than working to a fixed routine.  If for example the pupil needs practice on changing gears before the engine blows up that will take precedence.
I do the maneouvres early on to help with control, others will tell you they leave them a lot later. You can't have the same programme for every pupil.

Last edited by Roadmaster (04-05-14 08:16:26)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 04-05-14 08:36:47

gabby_adi

How soon do you do the maneouvres and in which order?

I need a week by week lesson structur as a guide so I am building solid foundations to start with rather than go from emerges to roundabouts and then left turns etc

Roadmaster wrote:

Depends on the pupil's needs rather than working to a fixed routine.  If for example the pupil needs practice on changing gears before the engine blows up that will take precedence.
I do the maneouvres early on to help with control, others will tell you they leave them a lot later. You can't have the same programme for every pupil.

#4 04-05-14 08:37:31

Evan
Administrator

As Roadmaster, if the pupil has no or very little experience I do the usual cockpit controls lesson, I spend a lot of the first 10 hours on turning left right, emerging, judging speed on approach to junctions etc, incorporating manoeuvres as above as this helps with clutch control, understanding steering etc.
It really depends on the pupil and where they with their ability to pick skills up. You have hit on a very good point in the syllabus format and order of teaching, I do think training suggests doing things a certain way.
If I get a particularly adept learner in the car, I won't always brief a subject, talk them through, then whether it goes right or wrong discuss with them and carry on!

#5 04-05-14 09:45:06

MAZ
Verified Member

Apart from the initial controls, move off & stop, gear changing, lefts & rights it then depends on location, maybe hill starts or roundabouts next, really from then on it is what the pupil needs and the available location that determines what you do next. You will find during the above you are talking the pupil through meeting situations, pedestrian crossings, traffic lights and other everyday stuff, but when you approach them as a subject or in what order is up to you. Often situations that occur will bring about a deep discussion on a particular subject this is usually the best time to cover it in depth with a live recent experiance to refer to. As has been said, bringing manoeuvres in at an early stage can help with car control.

I know this is probably not what you are looking for but apart from the initial control and junctions stuff there really is not an order.

If you want a "tick box sheet" to make sure you have covered everything perhaps this will help.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … record.pdf

Good luck. Maz.

Board footer